Avengers, Assemble! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 06:48 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just got back from seeing Avengers.

Bloody fantastic film. Great on action, plot, characters, pacing. I have no problems with the film or anything in it, and would definitely pay to see it again. 5/5 for The Avengers from me.

Can't wait to get this on Blu-ray.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-01-12, 09:00 AM

jams's Flag is: Wales

just got sent this review for the avengers. made me chuckle :D

Quote:
...So let me just save you some time and say this movie will break your hand with its cock and balls by running at your hand which you’ve made into a fist, thinking, “I’m gonna punch this movie in its cock and balls ‘cause no f*****g way can it be good” but then before you do anything the movie runs at you and breaks your hand with its cock and balls because its cock and balls are like a chunk of highway. They can use this part of the review on the poster...

Follow my online ramblings:
Blog: http://crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @geochimp

Last edited by jams; 05-01-12 at 09:01 AM. Reason: forgot to edit the sweary bit
post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-03-12, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

It seems the yanks are getting some kind of 'extra' end of credits scene......hope i can count on you guys to have spoilers up tomorrow

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-03-12, 09:59 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
It seems the yanks are getting some kind of 'extra' end of credits scene......hope i can count on you guys to have spoilers up tomorrow
You mean the Americans don't get the post-credits scene? OK here is the rundown of it to read whenever you want.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-03-12, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
You mean the Americans don't get the post-credits scene?
No, i mean they are getting that one, and an extra one!! Apparently it was only shot 3 weeks ago, and they only just got it finished for the US premier.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-04-12, 09:33 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

I'll reiterate what everyone else has said here, movie was pretty damn awesome for a superhero popcorn muncher. It didn't take itself too seriously, hit almost all the right notes, and was extremely worth it, and didn't bother with anything extraneous to the plot. Plus, more than a few great comedy moments involving the hulk!

I particularly like

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-04-12, 08:48 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
No, i mean they are getting that one, and an extra one!! Apparently it was only shot 3 weeks ago, and they only just got it finished for the US premier.
Interesting. I only saw the first after credits scene, but after some digging I found out what the second scene was.

The movie was solid the whole time, though there where some points where my inner comic guy was disappointed like:

This was the perfect opportunity to showcase how powerful Thor is, and they only used it in one scene. More use of his abilities, not just smashing things with his hammer, could have been used to great effect.

Similar problem with Cap in this movie, they could some generic big strong alien to showcase why Cap should be in the avengers (as he uses no deadly weapons like Hawkeye or has a suit of armor like Iron Man). His ability to lead and inspire was showcased, but his physical abilities are left somewhat in question without something specific to pit them against (and win). We also didn't see enough of the solider-side of Cap.

Loki needed to cause more mischief.

Those points withstanding I think the movie was excellent. I feel every actor hit their mark perfectly (Hiddleston as Loki was amazing in this film) and just about everything was spot on. I'm currently sold on the franchise as of now and they have my ticket purchase secured for the next one.
post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-04-12, 08:58 PM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

I loved that film so much, I went out and bought the new comic book series that was bought out to celebrate the release.

I think the film was really well done, I appreciated that if it was made the way I would have liked (lots of scenes involving one avenger at a time, ie. Stark in Miami). But hey, that would be greedy.

I also really enjoyed how they included aspects from each of the previous movies.

I also agree that not enough focus was given to Captain America

post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-04-12, 09:50 PM

Mortem Lancea's Flag is: USA

The Avengers was fucking great, everything an Avengers movie should have been. This was one of the greats of comic book book movies. The actors all did their roles well, the action and SFX were outstanding, and just when I thought the final fight scene should have ended it did. Hats off to Whedon and I'm not even a Whedon fan. This was the Avengers movie I've been waiting for since I was a little kid.

Also, Harry Dean Stanton.

EDIT: Great trailer for Prometheus too.

"It doesn't matter which special edition it is, it's still just Risk."-random boardgamer

Last edited by Mortem Lancea; 05-04-12 at 10:03 PM.
post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-04-12, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

End of credits scene is here:

Doesn't seem like we missed much, though i bet it plays much better if you've just watched the movie.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode