Game of thrones Season 2 Episode 1 [SPOILERS] - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Game of thrones Season 2 Episode 1 [SPOILERS]

this thread is free reign for spoilers on episode one, read at one's own peril!!

for those that have seen it, what did everyone think?
personally i made man-mayonase everywhere.

my favorate scene has to be the one between rob and jamie. jamie's face when the dire wolf shows its self is priceless, and that wolf looks good....like really good, and was animated perfectly i feel.

over all, top start to the season and i cannot wait until next week :D

one thing i do wish is that there was a little more of areya and the blacksmith bastard. although, i feel we'll see more of them soon.

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 02:59 PM

I agree with you. That hour went by in a blink. I was hoping to see more of Areya as well as at least a shot of Brienne of Tarth (there was a brief shot of her kneeling to Renly in the coming soon portion after the episode was over).
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

ah good, i'd wager she'll have a large roll in the next episode then.

i found the imp particularly entertaining in this episode, some of the best dialogue he has gotten so far. his exchange with Cersei was brilliant :D

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 03:42 PM
experiment 626's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-ad-man View Post
ah good, i'd wager she'll have a large roll in the next episode then.

i found the imp particularly entertaining in this episode, some of the best dialogue he has gotten so far. his exchange with Cersei was brilliant :D
It's too bad they left out the best parts of that initial meeting though...

I'm not impresses yet with Melisandre. She didn't seem nearly fanatical & arrogant enough, considering she's suppossed to be some religious nutter & power-mad evil sorceress all rolled into one!

I do really like though how they handled Cersi's ordering the Gold Cloaks to hunt down and kill as many of Robert's bastards as they could find though! Heartless, utterly despicable & evil.
Well done! And yet another reason to want to wish a brutal gang-rape on Cersi for her crimes!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 04:34 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Quite nice episode. Lots of really good things, some changed and some totally new. Sadly not enough time to see Arya, she had most interesting storyarch of second book but will look forward to next episodes.

And lastly Jack Gleeson is totally awesome as playing Joffrey.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 08:12 PM

Ultra1's Flag is: USA

Loved it when Joffrey got bitchslapped! i've wanted to do that for so long. i hate that little prick.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 08:41 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I agree, the scene with the dire wolf was excellent. Hard and brave as Jamie wants to be, you could see even he was shitting himself at the wolfs presence.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 11:54 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

It was ok, though nothing particular stands out. I'm not impressed with choices of actors for Dragonstone characters (their look, I don't doubt they will do good job). Liam doesn't look plain enough as Davos as he should be, he somehow stands out from the rest. Mellisanda's acting was ok, but she is too plain looking,old and not beautiful enough. I must say i'm pretty satisfied with Stanis choice, although I didn't thought I would be.
Added scenes were good, but not all that necessary. There are many things to show in this season, and 10 episodes ain't much.

Lena was pretty good, although I didn't like her much in first season. And that scene with Grey Wind was excellent as you said, and it's good to see they finally do some nice effects. They looked little underwhelming before (direwolves i mean)

Overall, ok episode and nice start of the season.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 04-03-12 at 12:06 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-12, 07:33 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

loved it, cant wait for next weeks episode! can anyone confirm we had totaly new opening titles as i couldnt be sure and i dont have the blu ray yet, obviously new names have been added but are the graphics different as they felt longer?

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-12, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
loved it, cant wait for next weeks episode! can anyone confirm we had totaly new opening titles as i couldnt be sure and i dont have the blu ray yet, obviously new names have been added but are the graphics different as they felt longer?
i didn't notice any real difference...
actually, looking at it again, i think it passes over the iron islands, where as in the season 1 i don't think it did (i could very well be mistaken though)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode