Game of thrones season 2 starts april 2nd - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 08:46 PM
experiment 626's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garion View Post
I just hope we see some epic battles this time. The first season was great, but I thought it was a bit of a cop out how they cut the big battle at the end out by knocking out Tyrion then having him wake up after it was over. The book was different in that instance and better for it. Though it was quite a clever way to cut production costs lol
Not to mention time constrants too... Sure the Whispering Wood & Tyrion fighting in the vanguard were big battles for the first book, but really they're just the opening skirmishes.
I think it was more important to the story to focus on the political intrigue & backstabbing going on in King's Landing, as that's what really drives the main story and thus gets the ball rolling for almost all the other main events to come.
(poor, poor Eddard, he never stood a chance even though Varis tries his damndest to save him!)

Most of the trailers for season 2 do show some quick snipits of Blackwater Bay, so we will get to see at least 1 epic battle this season!

I'm really hoping they keep the initial meeting between Tyrion & Cersi exactly as it is in the book though! Classic Tyrion moment for sure!
Also I like how Dany is going to be a bit more kickass this season! And Drogon going apeshit nuts as well!

My only real worry is what are they going to do come season 4 in order to stop it from being too damn boring?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 09:42 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

The less Daenarys the better. Her character drastically goes downhill.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 09:46 PM

Dīnadan's Flag is: Wales

Must remember to sky+ this - still got S1 recorded on my sky box, so I think I may have to take the whole of tomorrow to rewatch it in preparation
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 10:03 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sooo hate Sky Atlantic...beyond a joke how they've put everything decent on it now, this is what they did with Sky 1 originally as well.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobss View Post
Her character is far more complex than any of the others.

She's still just a young teen who's been beaten down all her life, hunted by the men who murdered her entire family, sold off by her own brother for an army, doesn't understand her true abilities yet and is terrified by what she'll likely have to do in order to realise her one true dream in life...
SPOILER!!! (highlight) She is also pretty much betrayed by almost everyone she meets outside of her 3 Bloodriders and her small Khalisar, so no wonder she becomes very unsure of herself! (3 betrayals you shall know; once for blood, once for gold and once for love.)

The fact that she's even still sane is a milestone, especially considering she's a child of incest.

Her biggest flaw is that she's too much of an idealist and is too gental a spirit in a world that rewards being ruthless and cunning.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 11:12 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobss View Post
I see you share my opinion of Dany Post-ADwD.

Long Live Stannis!

"The Iron Throne is mine by right."

Damn right it is.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 11:18 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Clips from Season 2!!!!

Daenerys and Drogon

Joffrey's Name Day Tourney

Jon Snow and Commander Mormont

Craster's Keep

Robb Stark's Terms

Tyrion and the Small Council

Tyrion and Cersei

Cersei Responds to Robb's Terms

Varys with Tyrion and Shae

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-12, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
I see you share my opinion of Dany Post-ADwD.

Long Live Stannis!

"The Iron Throne is mine by right."

Damn right it is.

LotN
The Iron Throne rightfully belongs to Daenerys Stormborn! The Mother of Dragons & the Unburnt!
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-12, 05:42 AM

CaptainQuackers's Flag is: Australia

I may catch it when it comes on to Foxtel. I enjoyed the first series an awful lot, but then I read the books and I read up on RR Martin, and I was most displeased. When I read the books it came across as a creepy old man's fantasies involving young girls and either subjugating women or making them out to be crazed psychopaths. Bearing this in mind, I only read the first book and a bit of the second. The rest I asked my father about, as he had completed the series.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-31-12, 06:23 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninman View Post
Theres also some kind of age restriction on series, younger audience only want mindless action.
>younger audience

>I'm 23

I don't have a problem with stuff having a story. I can watch all three lord of the rings movies, directors cut, back to back, and sometimes do. They aren't just "mindless action". I'm a huge fan of 40k fluff. I'm an Isaac Asimov aficionado, and a lot of his books were really deep, like The Bicentennial Man (Not that crappy movie. The book). I'm also a writer myself.

I just have never been interested in things like political intrigue and espionage, which seems the be the only theme in game of thrones. It doesn't mean I just want mindless action, it just means its not a type of narrative I'm interested in. Did I say you weren't allowed to like the show? All I did was make a post about the reasons I didn't enjoy it, then I left.

Last edited by Iron Angel; 03-31-12 at 06:29 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode