Game of thrones season 2 starts april 2nd - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 06:11 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

I tried to get into Game of Thrones, I really did. But theres just...

so much...

Talking.

Its like they took Lord of the Rings but instead of having Aragorn chop Orks in half and kick ghosts in the nuts, they have him talk with everyone for an hour and a half, then he goes to another town, and talks with everyone there for another four hours, then, he goes to a big shiny city, and guess what he does there? Throw in a couple scenes with some semi-interesting stuff happening here and there with zombies and wolves just to keep people hooked by the hope they might show more zombies and wolves, but instead, thats right, show people talking for another hour.

Lets not forget the fallback tactic of "Show tits every thirty seconds. Tits are a surefire substitute for anything else we might be (are) lacking, right?". Seriously.

I want to see Aragorn chopping orks in half. If I get to see Arwen's tits thats nice, but if I don't (And we didn't) I won't care too much, because I know where the internet is and I can get as many tits as I could possibly handle there.

Of course, I only saw about three episodes, so.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 08:12 AM
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post
I tried to get into Game of Thrones, I really did. But theres just...

so much...

Talking.

Its like they took Lord of the Rings but instead of having Aragorn chop Orks in half and kick ghosts in the nuts, they have him talk with everyone for an hour and a half, then he goes to another town, and talks with everyone there for another four hours, then, he goes to a big shiny city, and guess what he does there? Throw in a couple scenes with some semi-interesting stuff happening here and there with zombies and wolves just to keep people hooked by the hope they might show more zombies and wolves, but instead, thats right, show people talking for another hour.

Lets not forget the fallback tactic of "Show tits every thirty seconds. Tits are a surefire substitute for anything else we might be (are) lacking, right?". Seriously.

I want to see Aragorn chopping orks in half. If I get to see Arwen's tits thats nice, but if I don't (And we didn't) I won't care too much, because I know where the internet is and I can get as many tits as I could possibly handle there.

Of course, I only saw about three episodes, so.
Hmm, methinks you need to be watching Spartacus: Blood and Sand...sounds more like your cup of tea GoT is full of political intrigue with blood, gore...and tits thrown in for good measure
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 09:14 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

I do watch blood and sand, and yes, I do think its amazing.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 09:33 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

First season was the prelude to what's to come which will be a lot more bloody me thinks.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 09:36 AM

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

cannot wait, going to be crazy!

rewatching the first season now, probably the 4th time ive watched it, ugh so fucking good.

its like LotR but without all the god awful walking and pansy hobbits XD

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 09:37 AM

Apart from Tyrion
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 09:47 AM

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Apart from Tyrion
i wouldnt call tyrion a pansy haha

hes a smart little bugger

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 12:06 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post
I do watch blood and sand, and yes, I do think its amazing.
Theres also some kind of age restriction on series, younger audience only want mindless action.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 12:08 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how romans perfected doing boob jobs so long ago, pretty sure I've seen number of "supporting wenches" with em.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 12:26 PM

Garion's Flag is: United Kingdom

I just hope we see some epic battles this time. The first season was great, but I thought it was a bit of a cop out how they cut the big battle at the end out by knocking out Tyrion then having him wake up after it was over. The book was different in that instance and better for it. Though it was quite a clever way to cut production costs lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode