John Carter - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-12, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default John Carter

I keep seeing the trailer for this movie and i have to say im intrigued by it, Though the fact its Disney keeps worrying me, Anyone know anything about it? or anyone seen it yet? Its scifi looking and looks quite good, but i have limited chance to go to the cinema so i dont want to waste a trip on something thats a bit poo.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-12, 10:58 AM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Haven't seen it. But most of the danish reviews summarised it as mediocre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-12, 11:22 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Only read bad reviews thus far myself. Looks rather meh imo.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-12, 11:49 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I keep seeing the trailer for this movie and i have to say im intrigued by it, Though the fact its Disney keeps worrying me, Anyone know anything about it? or anyone seen it yet? Its scifi looking and looks quite good, but i have limited chance to go to the cinema so i dont want to waste a trip on something thats a bit poo.
Eh, Disney doesn't necessarily mean bad or childish. Just remember, Pirates of the Caribbean (Black Pearl) was a Disney movie too, and it was pretty awesome.

However, the ads just make this movie (John Carter) seem poor, and reviews seem to back that up. Might be a good waste of a couple of hours though.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

Last edited by maddermax; 03-09-12 at 11:51 AM.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-12, 11:52 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Been put off by the reviews for it myself.. it does look good, but I've yet to see a review above 3 stars for it...
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-12, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

im torn, dont get me wrong im not anti Disney, far from it, but im always skeptical when they go off on a tangent, im a massive pirates fan and it got panned by alot of critics and i was very sceptical about it,"jonny depp as a pirate from a disnet ride wtf?????" but i love the series(and the lego game) which is why this one is pulling me in, i feel i should go watch it as its scifi and looks like pure action and adventure, plus Mark Strong is in it as what looks like a villain role and hes awesome, so i figured someone might be able to give me a better idea of what to expect before i commit

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-12, 01:32 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Yeah, I'm a big sci-fi movie fan, so usually this would be right up my alley, but the ad... I can't quite place my finger on it, but it just makes me think it's not going to be a good movie. It gives me the same feeling as clash of the titans, the new Conan movie, or the immortals. Hell, the visuals look like a cross between Conan and stargate. Doesn't mean it won't be a decent popcorn movie, of course.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-12, 02:59 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Probly not going to see it in theaters. Bad reviews.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-12, 03:02 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

I remember other Sci-fi movies that got terrible reviews that are now 'occult hits' so ill reserve full judgement until I actually see it, but that being said, this being a disney movie and from what ive seen on the previews in the trailers, Im not impressed enough to go see it in theatres, and im currently not being bothered to see movies by anyone else, so its win-win. Ill watch this when I can get my hands on it on DVD, until then, Ill reserve my judgement of this movie.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-12, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin
occult hits
Are those movies popular with the dead?

The movie looks awful, I would avoid.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode