Watch this trailer... - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-12, 06:37 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

What the fuck did I just watch?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-12, 07:12 PM
Closet Dictator

Oldman78's Flag is: Ireland

@ Doelago- the end of cinema!
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-12, 07:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 88 View Post
Controversial !!! seems an unrealistic plot tbh ! not made by lucas arts.?
No, this was made by Blind Spot Pictures and is the second 'official' film from Timo Vuorensola and Samuli Torssonen.

Blind Spot appear to focus on producing independent films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldkiller
As with Battleship and Jack & Jill, I can't tell if this is a joke or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Emund
Is it supposed to be serious or a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78
While I agree with Baltar about nazi uniforms in the bedroom, that trailer if not a joke looks like pure crap!!!! Has Hollywood become completely devoid of ideas? A million and one tales of heroism and smashing nazi scum from WWII to make a movie out of or even a solid remake of a classic movie to put out, and someone settled on this, whoever okay'd this need shot with a ball of their own shite!
Its not, Vuorensola and Torssonen have been aiming to make this since they finished their first work, Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning back in 06. (Star Wreck itself marking their first 'professional film')

Quality is partly dependent on the source and which version of the trailer this is. If its one of the early ones, then I wouldn't expect quality to be the best in the world (especially since it would be five or six years old.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore
Its official Hollywood has gone crazy, but damn that looks freaking retarded in a good way...
This isn't Hollywood made, the production company (who only came on very recently if I remember) is Finnish based.

On an interesting (to me) note, Iron Sky has a budget of about 7.5 million Euros, over half of which was obtained purely through donations. They have been filming for the better part of the last five years, stopping when the money ran out. Iron Sky was, until Blind Spot, going to be entirely budgeted on supporter money regardless of how long it took.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-12, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

It doesn't have to be taken seriously. As with all cinema, you're supposed to grant freedom of imagination to the story. If the film achieves what the director was looking for, then there's a case to argue that it's a good film.

It looks like B-movie at its best, to me.

Then again, I enjoyed Six String Samurai... It was basically Fallout NV the film...

All of this has happened before.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-12, 08:02 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd think I'd rather grate my nutsack than watch this shit.

Complete an utter retardation. Stick that shit up your fuckin ringpiece hollywood.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-12, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

I really want to see it. But then I have an odd fascination with Nazi related films.

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-12, 03:59 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Havent some of you seen Star Wreck??? Thought everyone seen that at some point. Parody at its best, seems some people cant tell difference between independent moviemakers and production studios obviously.

Last edited by Roninman; 02-10-12 at 04:03 AM.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-12, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

A lot of people don't get that when you watch or read fiction, you grant the author/director suspense of your disbelief. If you don't, then you go into every single movie expecting it to be realistic in some way.

After watching the trailer, I don't see what looks so shitty about this movie. It doesn't look cheap or tacky. It looks very cheesy - but so did Starship Troopers, and that was an awesome film.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-12, 12:37 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltar View Post
A lot of people don't get that when you watch or read fiction, you grant the author/director suspense of your disbelief. If you don't, then you go into every single movie expecting it to be realistic in some way.

After watching the trailer, I don't see what looks so shitty about this movie. It doesn't look cheap or tacky. It looks very cheesy - but so did Starship Troopers, and that was an awesome film.
Starship Troopers was cheese at it absolute worse, complete disregard for the original source material and when it was made they made it with a serious mind and were not set out to make a joke of it.

This I see the goofyness and now I am peaked. An old friend and I use to say one thing before went watched a movie that was totally stupid and all we would say is we know this is gonna be stupid and completly dumb and going in with that mind set we would actually enjoy the movie for what it was completely stupid.

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-12, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

^ exactly.

It has Sarah Palin - one of the most hateful people to have ever lived - as the president of the US. How seriously can it be taken, exactly? Not at all.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode