Noel Fielding? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Noel Fielding?

Anyone seen the new series 'Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy'? I've started watching it, and it's the usual surreal shizz he does which I absolutely love, and makes him absolutely unique. The thing is, some people say it's worse than the Boosh, which I personally disagree with, as this is just Fielding's show, while the Boosh had a large dependency on Barratt. Therefore, it would be wrong to judge them as a similar program, and this is simply the creation of Noel's wonderful, fucked up mind.

Thoughts?

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 08:06 PM

Rhino 88's Flag is: England

Havn't watched Noel's new series yet however i believe he is talented in how he creates these characters and voices not including the scenery ! (average 50 characters in new series)

I watched Noel on the "Jonathan Ross show" where he explained alot of his ideas, inspirations, and aspirations which were interesting...

i was recommended to listen to the mighty boosh on audio, and listening to it at work got me in stiches..

YAY for Fielding...cant wait...

Rhino

Easter Miniture Exchange Sign up NOW!! http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=105121

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
Just remember, patience is key to painting, in chef terms you're slow roasting a pork belly not flash frying baby squid. .
"An Earth without art is just EH.."

Last edited by Rhino 88; 01-30-12 at 08:09 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeh, this new series it chocka full of his loopy creations - like you said around 50 or more. I find him intriguing and inspirational as he's always thinking outside the box, and takes a new look at things that you wouldn't otherwise see.
And as for the Boosh, I'm one series in and find it brilliant in almost every way, though I think a lot of it does ride on Barratt.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 08:15 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

Not my cup of tee, this or the Boosh. I just don't find it funny. I think he's hilarious on shows like Never Mind the Buzzcocks, but luxury comedy and boosh just seem retarded to me.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 08:53 PM

Rhino 88's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra111 View Post
Not my cup of tee, this or the Boosh. I just don't find it funny. I think he's hilarious on shows like Never Mind the Buzzcocks, but luxury comedy and boosh just seem retarded to me.

Do you find this clip funny.?

Easter Miniture Exchange Sign up NOW!! http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=105121

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
Just remember, patience is key to painting, in chef terms you're slow roasting a pork belly not flash frying baby squid. .
"An Earth without art is just EH.."
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 09:21 PM

I'm a big fan of the Boosh and his new show so far. Loved the cameo appearance of the Moon!

Quote:
Retarded and fucked up is pretty much what he was aiming at

Regards,
Jake.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 09:51 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Totally agree. I've tried to watch his shows, but found myself yawning more than laughing. Some of it is just plain stupid.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-12, 09:54 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

i prefer his stand up, boosh was ok and didnt like the first episode of his luxury, im watching him as i type this weird,hes doing his blue bottle routine on comedy roadshow

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Last edited by bitsandkits; 01-30-12 at 09:59 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 10:18 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 88 View Post
Noel Fielding's luxury comedy - YouTube

Do you find this clip funny.?
Meh, somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Corsairs View Post
I'm a big fan of the Boosh and his new show so far. Loved the cameo appearance of the Moon!

Retarded and fucked up is pretty much what he was aiming at
I know, and I do like some comedy that is retarded and fucked up, just not his :/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode