Rebuilding my DVD collection, HELP! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-12, 02:37 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Well it's our own personal recommendations, and I personally think all the previous Star Trek films are dog shit, I can't stand the general vibe from Star Trek, everything is just too.......ugh, I can't even describe properly why I despise it. The Federation, the attitude, demeanours and personalities of all the characters, the whole goody goody ethos the Federation has going. Just no, hate it. The new film looks better, the characters just come off better(to me). And I tend to find this is the case with most people I know, those who liked Star Trek before, didn't like the new film, those who didn't like ST before, like the new film. First Contact was the only Star Trek film before i could stand, and even then when I watched it recently it just seemed much worse than when I was younger.

ST rant over, probably for another time and place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-12, 03:34 PM

Durant's Flag is: United Kingdom

LOL Angel of Blood

DS9 was good, B5 better!

New star trek movie was far superior to any of the ST movies that came before it, even, gasp, wrath of khan!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-12, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

I agree with AoB about Star Trek, I can't stand the goody, goody attitude either, all the characters are too perfect. I watched a bit of Next Generation when it first got shown and I hated it although I didn't mind DS9 (I think that's the name, the one about the space station?).
The new Star Trek, on the other hand, was an alright action adventure film, the characters had some depth and also had flaws.

Great selection of films for me to wade through so far, a lot I've seen already and are definite adds for the collection and the others look like they should be good, cheers!

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-12, 04:01 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

blu-ray is the way forward, but if you dont have the hardware to get the most from it then your better off sticking with dvd, that said i have noticed a trend of getting more extras and such on blurays compared to dvd, and some things are seriously not worth buying on bluray unless someone has bothered to take the time and effort to convert them correctly, its great when old films are released on bluray/dvd but not so good if your getting vhs quality for your money, there is a significant difference in picture quality and sound if your tv and player and speakers are upto the job, I have a nice system and i have played several movies back to back and the difference is very obvious once you play them so close together, Lord of the rings is a good example i own it in multiple dvd formats and i bought the bluray on release and the bluray is better than watching it at the cinema, much clearer picture and crystal clear sound.

anyway my rule of thumb is if its a brand new movie i buy bluray, if its an old movie i check bluray reviews and make a decision based on what people think of the quality of the conversion, if its a tv series or comedian i buy dvd.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode