Heresy Online: The Unofficial FAQ - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 03:27 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Are those answers from John?

Abandon GW, win back your wallet. Play Infinity!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 10:57 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

No, they're from us, reworded by me.

"If I keep my unit of Necron Immortals in Reserve, are they allowed to enter play via the Monolith's Portal?"

No, the Monolith clearly states "If a unit of Necron Warriors is eligible to enter play from Reserve" - this does not permit other units with the 'Necron' Special Rule to do the same. Note also, that unit of Necron Warriors must be declared to be entering play through the Monolith at deployment to be eligible for this method of battlefield insertion.

"In my unit of Space Marine Scouts, I have chosen to take the upgrade character Scout Sergeant Telion. He already has the Scouts Universal Special Rule, which is provided by the Camo Cloak option for models in the squad. Does this mean he doesn't have to pay the points for the upgrade?"

Unfortunately, no. This is a stupid error, that forces you to pay the points for an item that serves no purpose, as he already has the Rule. Sorry. You must still purchase cloaks for every member of the unit, or none, however.

"Can I use re-rolls to wound granted by the Eldar Psychic Power Doom on successful rolls?"
Yes, although this is only statistically viable on opponents wounded on a 2+ by a Rending weapon that failed to roll a 6, and would otherwise grant the enemy an armour save.

"Are Hot-Shot Lasguns affected by the Order First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire?"

No, Hot-Shot Lasguns are a different weapon from Lasguns. The order can be issued to a Stormtrooper squad, but they will receive no benefit.

Last edited by TheKingElessar; 06-07-09 at 12:38 AM.
post #23 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-09, 01:35 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

This is a good idea, Vaz (which is why I stickied it) though I think if you;re going to use RAI, those answers need to be highlighted in some way. Perhaps a different color and a line saying "The rules in this case are (unclear/contradictary/nonexistant/argued over for a dozen pages), so the following answer is based on general consensus and the collective opinion of what was intended rather than the rules as written." or something like that.

Similarly, if there is a clear RAW answer, but people feel it isn't as intended, then both answers need to be presented and labeled for what they are.

I'm fine for including RAI, but I really think it needs to be branded as such. I would hate for some kid to get in an argument over rules thinking he's got the right answer from us only to find ouot that, while reasonable, the answer isn't actually taken from the rules.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #24 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-09, 03:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
"If I keep my unit of Necron Immortals in Reserve, are they allowed to enter play via the Monolith's Portal?"

No, the Monolith clearly states "If a unit of Necron Warriors is eligible to enter play from Reserve" - this does not permit other units with the 'Necron' Special Rule to do the same. Note also, that unit of Necron Warriors must be declared to be entering play through the Monolith at deployment to be eligible for this method of battlefield insertion.
A bit on this one, Necron Warriors arriving from Reserves MUST be ported through the Monolith.

post #25 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-09, 09:15 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Necron FAQ
Q. Can units of Necron Warriors enter from
reserve as normal or must they enter via a
Monolith?
A. If the players hold any units of Necron
Warriors in reserve, he must specify if they are
going to enter the game through the Monolith or
simply walk in from their own table edge, as
normal. If units of Warriors are using this rule
and all available Monoliths are destroyed, the
Warriors count as destroyed and may therefore
trigger the Phase Out of the on-table portion of
the army

post #26 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-09, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
This is a good idea, Vaz (which is why I stickied it) though I think if you;re going to use RAI, those answers need to be highlighted in some way. Perhaps a different color and a line saying "The rules in this case are (unclear/contradictary/nonexistant/argued over for a dozen pages), so the following answer is based on general consensus and the collective opinion of what was intended rather than the rules as written." or something like that.

Similarly, if there is a clear RAW answer, but people feel it isn't as intended, then both answers need to be presented and labeled for what they are.

I'm fine for including RAI, but I really think it needs to be branded as such. I would hate for some kid to get in an argument over rules thinking he's got the right answer from us only to find ouot that, while reasonable, the answer isn't actually taken from the rules.
Yeah, that was the intention - some plain don't make sense (as in IG Orders), yet the rules back them up. Especially over GoW, and other things, such as Dok's Tools. Hence the RAW are being sorted out, then it's up to everyone to make a decision over the nonsensical ones. Thanks for the sticky by the way ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #27 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-09, 11:40 AM

Wolf_Lord_Skoll's Flag is: Australia

I'll be glad to help out

Are people going to be able to post questions they want to see answered in this thread, or should we create another 'submissions' thread? I think it would be good for people to be able to submit rules they want to see Heresy FAQ'd. not all will get in of course, but it gives us ideas as well.
post #28 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-09, 12:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Steve View Post
Necron FAQ
Q. Can units of Necron Warriors enter from
reserve as normal or must they enter via a
Monolith?
A. If the players hold any units of Necron
Warriors in reserve, he must specify if they are
going to enter the game through the Monolith or
simply walk in from their own table edge, as
normal. If units of Warriors are using this rule
and all available Monoliths are destroyed, the
Warriors count as destroyed and may therefore
trigger the Phase Out of the on-table portion of
the army
Touche! Missed that one somehow.

post #29 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-09, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Lord_Skoll View Post
I'll be glad to help out

Are people going to be able to post questions they want to see answered in this thread, or should we create another 'submissions' thread? I think it would be good for people to be able to submit rules they want to see Heresy FAQ'd. not all will get in of course, but it gives us ideas as well.
I think it's fine here. We're currently on quite a slow burn at the moment, although if it picks up, we can RAW it here, then if it gets out of hand (i.e. God of War), it can be taken to a seperate thread, where we can beat the meat, as it were. I'll be going through 5pm today zulu, (so 2hours 15 left from this post) and adding them in, even some that were pmed - cheers, Rev, if you read this ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #30 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-09, 02:34 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thanks, TKE. Keep it up! I will, thanks for saying...

"Can my Valkyrie gain a cover save for moving Flat Out in my Scout move?"

No, the Flat Out cover save can only be gained for moving in a movement phase. Similarly, a Camo Net can never be used if the opponent goes first, as there was no previous movement phase in which to remain stationary. Note that Turbo-Boosting bikes, of any variety, still gain the cover save for the Turbo-Boosters Universal Special Rule.

"If I fail to cast a Psychic power (ie, I roll an 11) can i attempt to do so again, since I did not 'use' the power?"
No. Any attempt to cast a power is considered a 'use' of the power. You suck.

DESIGNERS NOTE: Perhaps the last 2 words of the above answer could be dropped?

Last edited by TheKingElessar; 06-07-09 at 02:47 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode