Heresy Online: The Unofficial FAQ - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 01:56 AM

Could we get a definitive answer on if the God of War rule makes units subject to No Retreat!, please?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 05:06 AM

the cabbage's Flag is: Scotland

I'm keen to help where I can, but i've got no idea what i'm doing.

PM'd you Vaz
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 05:35 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

I shall lend any hand I can. The other will have the rulebook in it!

Abandon GW, win back your wallet. Play Infinity!

post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 12:17 PM

I'll just write the damn thing. Save you all the effort

I keep forgetting how hilarious my old posts are.

It's not a question of who will let me, it's a question of who will stop me.
You fight for nothing! You are nothing!
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh1337llama View Post
Could we get a definitive answer on if the God of War rule makes units subject to No Retreat!, please?
Bear in mind that this is a WIP - hence there are going to be changing throughout the working of it.

As to your question - I'm biased - although my personal opinion is that it is subject to No Retreat. It's shared by many members, but also opposed by many members. I've emailed GW "Help" Service, and have asked staffers - I'm waiting for the email (not that that is anything useful), although the staffers are mixed - most leaning towards the automatic passing referring to the result, rather than the process.

This one, we will be leaving until the majority of the RAW are sorted, then the RAI will be worked on ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #16 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 12:38 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Actually, they claim to have one rules guy answering e-mails now.

Abandon GW, win back your wallet. Play Infinity!
post #17 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

1? Nice to know that they're at least making a start, I guess. Here's hoping I get him ;D

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #18 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 01:10 PM

Mabrothrax's Flag is: United Kingdom

Perhaps a good idea would be to get people to request rules clarifications that they need, God of War being an example. I'm happy to throw my massive ego and rules fixing power into the project (pretty sure that markerlight ruling is the one I gave a couple of days ago).

I did find a fascinating RAW vs RAI weirdness that broke a few friends on another forum - units in locked in close combat going to ground as a reaction to a use in combat shooting phase attack (such as Aura of Decay or Nurgle's Rot).
post #19 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Indeed it is. Maybe we should create an honour roll? I'll get one up later ;)

Quote:
post #20 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-09, 02:27 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well, you know I'm aboard...

Here:
"If I split my Space Marine Tactical Squad into Combat Squads, can I then mount both units inside a Rhino? What if I have a Razorback? What if either unit starts in Reserve?"
No, once split they are considered separate units, and the Transport rules clearly state "A transport may carry a single infantry unit". If you have purchased a Razorback, either Combat Squad may begin the game deployed inside, but you may not do so if not split into Combat Squads. A unit in Reserve can be mounted inside a transport, but this must be declared at deployment. The same rules apply as outlined above.

And another:
"If an Independant Character, such as Eldrad Ulthran, joins a unit with a Dedicated Transport, do I have to declare to my opponent which vehicle is the one he is inside? If I have several identical vehicles with identical contents, excepting the Character, it becomes impossible for my opponent to tell from my army list, so should I tell them before the game?"
The Rulebook states "always make clear to your opponent which squads are embarked in which transport" The key word here is always - you should indeed inform your opponent which squad he has joined, and where the squad is - by extension, you divulge his location.

One more before I go to work:
"So here is the scenario Player A has Khan which allows all of his units to outflank. Player B manages to line the whole edge of the table on one side with his units. There was not a single inch that was not covered by Player Bs army so when Player A tried to outflank and happend to roll a 1 (where all of Player Bs units were) he couldnt get in. What happens to the guys that were trying to outflank? Do they just die do they not come in do they auto go to the other side?"

The units would be destroyed, unless they had a method of moving over your models (such as Jump Infantry) or could move yours aside (eg Tank Shock) However, you can expect to be banned for poor sportsmanship if attempting this manoeuvre, and to have the victory handed to your opponent instead - is it really worth it?

Last edited by TheKingElessar; 06-06-09 at 02:51 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode