Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Question about Ectomancy/Fulmination

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  ntaw 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

The 5th power in the Ectomancy/Fulmination discipline (Ghost Storm/Magnetokinesis), with which you can move a friendly unit 18", reads:

".. all models in the unit count as having moved in the Movement phase for the purposes of shooting weapons in the Shooting phase"

What if the target unit was a vehicle? Would it then count as having moved combat speed or cruising speed?

I hope someone can help me clarify this.
Thanks!

#4 ·
Since the power allows you to move up to 18", I'd say that it's relative to how far your vehicle moved still. 6" or less is counts as Combat Speed and 7" or more counts as Cruising Speed. In these weird situations I like to use as much of the rules as I can to sort it out and that's all we really have offered by the BRB.

Ultimately it's a vaguely written rule for vehicles with no RAW answer, so if you're gunning for it chat it up with your opponent pre-match to sort it out. If you can't sort it out roll off or play it one way in one game and the other in the next. See if it even makes a huge difference.

EDIT: just saw Sco's post, they can't disembark in the Psychic Phase only the Movement Phase so no worries there.

#5 ·
I was using it as an example of why I was thinking it counted as cruising. The cruising speed move makes it so you can not assault, so I am saying if it corresponds with the restriction of not assaulting in this power. ::shrugs:: Mainly just a ruling that my local group would likely run with, your area groups may choose a different route. Hooray GW vague writing strikes again!

#6 ·
Hooray GW vague writing strikes again!
Straight up. When I play new people I basically have a list of rules conundrums I bring up if I see certain elements at play while we go over each other's forces just so we're on the same page. For example, some people are absolutely shocked if I mention that blast templates hit everything under them in multi-level terrain elements where others insist that is how it's played. Good to air GW's dirty laundry pre-match so when it comes to gaming you can focus of rolling dice and having fun.

#12 ·
Fer sure. Allied Detachment of whatever HQ and Troop you like, Vindicator squadron for Heavy Support. You could even take a Libbynaught modeled as a Tzeentch psyker-Dreadnought and Cassor as some ridiculous Khorne Dreadnought monstrosity/extra insane Helbrute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.