Pre Tourny question - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-12, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

Pre Tourny question

Hello folks, Question: If a peice of war gear is listed as comming with a model does it have to be modeled on the peice.

Example - I have a gaurdsman modeled with a standard in one hand and throwing a grenade in the other. If my lasgun glued to his back falls off would my oponent be in the right to call bullshit if I want to shoot with the standard guy.

Another example would be that my trasnports come with smoke launchers standard, do they need to be modeled or is it assumed that you can do a burn out or abuse the engine in some way as to produce smoke.

I for one can show you a 4K hyster forklift that has built in smoke launchers (Because its a peice of crap) here on earth, so I am sure that you could argue the IG could find some way to make smoke on a tank.

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 12:09 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Standard equipment is usually exempt from WYSIWYG. Unless there are several options for arming the model.

Abandon GW, win back your wallet. Play Infinity!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 12:15 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

I think so long as your clear as to what something is equipped with and you're not trying to pull a swifty with your opponent then there shouldn't be a problem.

I think it was some Soviet tanks that early on used to inject oil into the cylinders to make smoke? Don't have to reload smoke pots then !
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 01:02 AM

don_mondo's Flag is: USA

As always when it comes to tourneys, the best bet is to ask the tourney organizer or judges.

Don "MONDO"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Thank you folks, thats what I figured but I wanted to make sure.

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 12:36 PM

Standard equipment (so, frags, kraks, bolter, bolt pistol for regular marine) is assumed to be on the model. If you've bought combi weapons, meltabombs, powerfists, wolf banners etc. they should be modelled.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Awesome thanks guys, I figured that was the case.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode