Eldar In reserve - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-09, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

duckfromhelll's Flag is: USA

Default Eldar In reserve

Hey guys i am thinking of doing an entire eldar army that comes in with reserves.
I really want 9 warwalkers with starcannons-Most people at my store play marines.

But i am coming up short on how best to field the rest.

Farseer on bike with usual upgrades/singing spear and guide
scorpions with scuttlers
pathfinders
Altioc on a bike for the +1 reserve rules
and maybey a unit or two of gardians on bikes.

I know warwalkers are fragile but i think the garonteed 1 turn of shooting is awsome and with everything coming in from the board from all different angles i think enemies will feel hard pressed to find a safe spot. I want the enemy to hide in the middle of the board and get surrounded basically.

I swear i saw a thread on an army like this before but i lost it somehow, if anyone sees somthing similar pls leave the link, otherwise ideas and critisism are more than welcome.

POWER AT ALL COST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-09, 07:13 PM

Might check out the Army list section... There are quite a few in there for different point levels... Warp Spiders work well against Assault Marines, as the enemy may never get close, and they can use their assault phase jump on the turn they Deep Strike, very nice!

A wave serpent with some Fire Dragons can run in to bust a tank too, think about putting that Autrach with them. I wouldn't use Pathfinders in this list, as they aren't as mobile and may run into some trouble.

I kinda liked "goobi2's Mega Mech list (currently on page 2 of Army list) with the changes suggested by TKE it is a pretty good list. Just take a look and change what you need to fit your style.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-09, 08:32 PM

solitaire's Flag is: England

I like the idea. It's worth considering is that with a second Autarch you can add +2 to your Reserves rolls. It might not be worth losing the Farseer though so it's really up to you. . .

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-09, 09:04 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Ignore the rangers. If you're having a fast moving come in from reserves force, 2 guardian squaddies in serpents.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-09, 05:54 AM

Pandorav3's Flag is: USA

I really like this idea, if you ever make this list youll have to tell me how it goes. I might try something like that for my chaos.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode