Meeting up for a game - Tips to stay safe - Page 16 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-06-12, 04:04 AM

shufflingeveryday's Flag is: USA

In my thoughts, what i thought was that i wouldn't go to someones house flat out! But this is a problem easily overlooked. Then, id ask for a specific address and if its a supposed gaming club, do your research. Post here on Heresy looking for information, check google for info on the club, or even on a social networking site such as Facebook or twitter.

Tanks win battles, infantry win firefights, artillery win wars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 02:06 AM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrifectus View Post
I just realized that most people would be kind of nervous at my place. Not as bad as what you described, but a couple of whips, a few pairs of handcuffs, ropes and chains, and stuff like that..
And a necromantic altar to the lord of death, covered in bones, and a big trident and a schyte behind it.
I don't think I should ever invite strangers for a game here.
Seems to me like your just setting the right ambiance for a game of WH40K, especially if the armies fielded are either CSM/Daemons or Dark eldar

But seriously I think I would feel a whole lot more comfortable playing a game at your place than I would be when playing at a hause that looks all normal. Or is that just me being my own Satanic sadistic self again?

Just wanted to say that^^.
post #153 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-22-13, 04:56 PM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
being an all military base makes it a lot different.
It's not as different as you might think. We still have about the same amount of crime, rapes, assaults, talking back to your boss (yes, it's a crime in the USMC), but no gun crime. Maybe it's because we screen out all the retards?

The biggest advantages to meeting up at someone's house are: 1. convenience, not as far of a drive, 2. playing without interruption of the local rules Nazis, 3. playing with like-minded players. I like playing for fun, for the cinematic experience of seeing my painted army fielded against another painted army on a painted and logical field of battle. I don't get these things at the local game store. Generally, the local game store crowd are: 1. Too young, 2. Too obnoxious, 3. Too worried about winning using questionable tactics and rule loopholes, 4. unpainted armies or spray-painted, 5. not willing to sacrifice outcome for fun.

Last edited by Dave T Hobbit; 06-24-13 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Merged sequential posts

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode