Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Will you be buying a set of WFB templates/counters to use in 40k?

• Yes! I'd buy a set even if I don't play WFB.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Maybe, but it's not a priority.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Sort of, as I also play WFB so I will already have them on hand.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No, I hate the looks of them.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I've never actually BOUGHT a set of templates before, so why should I start now?

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other answer? Post it below...

Votes: 2 13.3%

New WFB Templates/Counters/Measuring Kits: Will You Be Using Them in 40k Battles?

853 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  MidnightSun 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm rather impressed with the new templates in the WFB 8th Edition, and was thinking they might make good counters to use with any Imperial-flavored army, such as SoBs and Marines. So... will you be picking up a set to use in 40k, or are you happy with the "Necron Green" plastic ones we now have?

#5 ·
No I won't be buying or playing with them.
They are Fantasy Battle specific. And as such, no matter how aesthetically pleasing they are, they are of no use use to me as I only play 40K.

I used to paint my Clear ones as explosions and roiling gouts of flame. They looked great and fitted the 40K game perfectly. Indeed my "Flaming" Flamer and "Blasting" Blast Templates always received praise from opponents and onlookers alike. An unexpected benefit was that I never misplaced them or had them mistakenly picked up by fellow gamers.
But with the release of the Green Plastic Templates, they were retired. I do bring them out to play now and again, but I really do like the Green ones. They were as innovative when they appeared as the Fantasy Battle ones are now and without their popularity (and commercial success) I doubt whether Fantasy Battle would be receiving such a high quality release.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.