adding to my WH40k knowledge - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-09, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

neowarrior51's Flag is: Canada

adding to my WH40k knowledge

hey guys i would like to know a few things that some of my friends have told me about warhammer 40k but haven't excactly explained it all to clearly to me.

first of all, how long can a space marine live for because apparently becuase of the implants and his power armor a space marine can live for centuries on end as i was told.

second of all, what are gene-seeds main function supposed to be and what are the main functions of them, as i was confused when my friends where trying to explain this to me.

and last of all for now, when creating a new chapter what things should i include, not include, what their special abilities are members, etc. because when i was reading some info on that from various web-site fourms is didnt show to much detail.

i know i sound like i dont really know anything about warhammer40k, because i don't really as im just starting out and im getting into it. Can you guys help me out?

No Mercy! No Remorse!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-09, 07:32 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

this should help

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-09, 07:35 AM

liforrevenge's Flag is: USA

hey neowarriors, welcome.

here is a link to a site that has a ton of info on the fluff of the warhammer universe: lexicanum (sniped! d'oh)

as for the life span of a space marine, I was under the impression that they were technically immortal, as they will never die from old age, only die in battle. As for life-span, one of the oldest space marines still in service (not counting dreadnoughts) is commander dante of the blood angels, and he is going on 1100 years.

the gene seed is basically the DNA pattern of the space marine, modelled after the emperor and the primarch. apart from the extra organs and implants, this is what makes a space marine more than human.

when creating a chapter, if you are going to use it in official play, you won't be able to make up any of your own rules, but you can make up any backstory for them.
the best thing to do is to find the chapter that most closely resembles your creation and use those rules. You can even use the same characters, just change their names and they are good to go.

Current Record: 4/10/2 w/l/d
I don't mind losing, it's fun either way!

Games I play: Warhammer 40k, Magic The Gathering, Pokemon TCG, Pirates CSG, Other random video games and TCGs.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-09, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

neowarrior51's Flag is: Canada

thanks guys, that helps because i'm trying to make my own chapter that involves the space marines I include for the first part being lost for over 10 centuries in an uncharted system. I was also wondering if you could make up your own systems and planets in the galaxy.

No Mercy! No Remorse!

Last edited by neowarrior51; 11-29-09 at 06:01 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-09, 08:09 PM

jakkie's Flag is: England

Of course, even the All-Powerfull GW cant write fluff for every single planet and system in a galaxy. You have room to write a campaign across hundreds of systems if you wish.

Angry Marines:
Flamer ------------ 5pts
Another Flamer ---- 5pts
Shit, Take a Third - 5pts

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode