Have you named any of your Tyranids? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-09, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

Have you named any of your Tyranids?

It may sound like a strange question, but have you actually named any of your Tyranids? It could be that one lucky gaunt that survived the death of it's brood and still claimed an objective (I named him "Slurker" ) or that warrior that always manages to stun/shake tanks with it's Venom canon.

In the previous Nid codex one model per brood could be a "mutant". In my Lictor Brood I used an over-sized set of scything talons on one of them, and had to use an old style metal Sisters of Battle rhino door as a counterweight on it's base. My opponent dubbed the lictor the "Green Knight" (As my Hivefleet uses the colors you see on my avatar), and the name has stuck.

So... Do any of your bugs have interesting names?

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-09, 03:59 PM

Inquisitor Varrius's Flag is: Canada

'Gribbly' was my unkillable gaunt against my friend's IG. He managed to pass 3 instinctive behavior tests in a row, and survived 3 turns of las-fire. I was impressed.

I also had a lictor that wasted Mephiston in the 2nd turn. I think we called him 'CID,' I can't remember. (CID=Carnifex in Disguise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
Camo is the color of cowardice but if the only ones to call you a coward are now a puddle of plasma there isnt a problem.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-09, 04:53 PM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

Well, I like the idea of naming Nids after the great old ones (C'thulhu and such), but well, currently I only have about 12 gaunts done *cough*.

I remember in 3rd edition nids codex, I made an entire unit of 10 ripper bases with venom cannon.
They shot a unit of necrons, with 30 shots, hit like 4 times, wounded with a few, one went down.
He stood back up T_T
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-09, 07:53 PM

Ah, I name all my carnifexs
I have a gunfex called Uncle Sam
cc godfex called Juggernaut
dakkafex called Shotgun (cos I extended the devourers with deathspitters an they look like shotguns)
screamer killer called Slasher (I was feeling uninspired)
vcannon+claws godfex called Rambo

My Scythed Hierodule I named Little John, and the ripper on his base.....Jack the Ripper!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-09, 07:58 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

geoff my carnifex hes named after my rubber plant.....no relation

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-09, 08:19 PM

heartoffury's Flag is: USA

I try not to name mine, just to keep with the theme of "Nameless, soulless killing machines". I do however give some of them a slightly tweaked paint job after they do something incredible in game, Usually just a brighter tongue or claws.

It's not much, but among my usual opponents these models are known and feared (somewhat, most of them are still just gaunts).

I have more here, please don't let them starve
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-09, 09:30 PM

CaptainLoken's Flag is: Wales

Sid the Nid in homage to "skins character. but also due to the only nid i own!!!!! Its a genestealer

We are charged with the reunification of mankind, throughout the stars, in the name of the Emperor. We seek to establish compliance amongst all the fragmentary and disparate strands. Most greet us like the lost brothers we are. You resisted.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-09, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlFranz40k View Post
Ah, I name all my carnifexs
I have a gunfex called Uncle Sam
cc godfex called Juggernaut
dakkafex called Shotgun (cos I extended the devourers with deathspitters an they look like shotguns)
screamer killer called Slasher (I was feeling uninspired)
vcannon+claws godfex called Rambo

My Scythed Hierodule I named Little John, and the ripper on his base.....Jack the Ripper!
Uncle Sam? I can only hope he isn't painted red, white, and blue with a white beard and top hat...

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-09, 11:06 PM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlFranz40k View Post
That's cool as! Jack the ripper *snigger*
I intend to put rippers on all bases larger than gaunts.
And even then, a single ripper for every 5 or so small bases.

And maybe some gaunts on Carnifex bases

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartoffury View Post
I do however give some of them a slightly tweaked paint job after they do something incredible in game, Usually just a brighter tongue or claws.

It's not much, but among my usual opponents these models are known and feared (somewhat, most of them are still just gaunts).
That's pretty cool actually.
You could actually change the model too.
For example, if you had a Carnifex on 1 wound, and it survived a direct hit from a Demolisher cannon, then you could lop off one of his arms, model it to look like it was blown off, and have it bleeding everywhere!
Or if you had one who was particularly lucky with regeneration rolls, model some really nasty scars on him, and have a few deep burn wounds, like drill a hole and make it all black and icky.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-09, 11:40 PM

heartoffury's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainLoken View Post
Sid the Nid in homage to "skins character. but also due to the only nid i own!!!!! Its a genestealer
Haha, Sid the 'nid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
That's pretty cool actually.
You could actually change the model too.
For example, if you had a Carnifex on 1 wound, and it survived a direct hit from a Demolisher cannon, then you could lop off one of his arms, model it to look like it was blown off, and have it bleeding everywhere!
Or if you had one who was particularly lucky with regeneration rolls, model some really nasty scars on him, and have a few deep burn wounds, like drill a hole and make it all black and icky.
I really like this Idea, sort of like a hero's progression through a campaign. Maybe nothing as dramatic as ripping off and entire arm though

I have more here, please don't let them starve

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode