funniest moments in a game - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-09, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

hells_fury's Flag is: Australia

Default funniest moments in a game

i just had a 1750 game recently with multiple lol moments and thought id share them and everyone else can add theirs.

here goes, turn 2, 6 chaos temies deep striked next to my exorcist and blew it up, the following turn my first empty rhino tank shocked the termies, they tried a death or glory and rolled a one on the damage table leaving him squished, a second rhino tank shocked them and they failed the morale tes leaving them fleeing the entire game as all they had were bolters (was combi) and my rhinos stayed withing 6 inches.

my living saint charged a 10 man squad of chaos marines, she killed two and they failed their leadership leading to the other 8 fleeing and getting cut down.

luciouse the immortal was clubbed to death by my sisters after his entire squad was torched :p

finally my living saint dropped next to his heavy weapons team and flammed them with 4 wounds, he put the wounds on his heavy weapons and procceded to roll 4 1's. after that the seargent ran up to her put his bolt pistol to her face and killed her :0 lol it was a funny game

a warning on a crossbow

'It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9. '

if your bored my MSN is hells_fury@live.com, add me and ill talk with anyone :p

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-09, 01:14 PM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

i ran away from a dreadnought for like 5 turns then read the rules for kharn and then promptly chopped it!

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-09, 02:03 PM

Steve the mediocer's Flag is: Canada

i was playing a 1750 game against space wolves, he had a better list and was playing far better, turn 2 he has his scouts come in from my table edge and charge my gaunts who wer on the objective, the first turn he mulches my gaunts, but then in turn 3, THE GAUNTS ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING, the won combat with th scouts and then, they were cut down as they tried to flee, later in turrn 4, my flyrrant landed 6 inches from the squad he left back on the objective, i dont remember what they were, but they were pretty powerful and my opponent felt confidend that they could over power the flyrrant because they had two plasma guns and a melta and a bunch of power fist andd swords, his confidence wained when he all three of his ap2 weapons miss, and further diminishes as my flyrrant slowly kills off the squad and sends them paking off his objective, at this point the game ends and i went home with a rather undeserved win

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

hive fleet phage 5th edition

W:2
D:1
L:1
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-09, 03:30 PM

Blackhiker's Flag is: USA

My funniest moment so far would have to be my guardsmen taking out a daemon prince and a keeper of secrets with lasguns. or when my unit of kroot assaulted and killed a bloodthirster.

If a child asks how Santa lives forever, simply reply he drinks blood.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started to do the same thing to them at funerals.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-09, 03:31 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Mine would be the time Jigplums threw a full pint over me and the table at the GT.

"Hi mate"
*splash*
"Fuck..."

Or the handbags at 4 paces on Table 1 at a heat a few years back.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-09, 03:54 PM

workmance's Flag is: USA

A couple of weeks ago, I was playing a friend of mine with my Nids. He was very confident as his chapter master charges my poor gaunts and he obliterates several of them and I'm like "Great, I freaking HATE this guy!!!!"

So my turn to attack comes around...and WHOA!!! my gaunts get SUPER lucky on the dice.

Still very confident he picks of dice to roll his saves vs the 6 SUPER lucky wounds that the gaunts gave him and...

rolls 6 consecutive 1's

Chapter master fall down go BOOM!

He immediately went outside, popped the top off of a Yeungling lager and poored half of it on the sidewalk offering beer to the dice gods.

The look on his face was sheer priceless...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-09, 03:58 PM

Steel Nathan's Flag is: Canada

I have a couple to share.

Once, I was playing Necrons against my Slaanesh Chaos Space Marines(1500 I think it was, it was during 4th ed I know that). We were destroying everything in sight, pretty close game really. His Monolith was finally in range of something and fired at my Land Raider. So far, everything he shot at it did jack shit to it. I shrugged when he fired at it, hits, pens, boom. Right then I have learned my lesson: Never underestimate the Necrons .

This next one came from the same battle actually. My Terminators were owning in that game, and I saw the Nightbringer coming and destorying a few of my units. I know that my Terminators had all lightning claws, I knew it had Toughness 8, and I was stupid enough to charge it! I don't know why I did, but my Terminators did not last long before they all got killed . I learned from that never to outdo my Terminators for my Slaanesh, or my Blood Angels for that matter.

Ahh good times...
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-09, 05:18 PM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I played in a huge Apocalypse game before I left, the last game I played, and I remember three things. My army was Tyranids, all CC.

1. I hit my opponent's (We all had a specific objective. Mine was to kill as many Guardsmen as I could), line on Turn 1, using an Endless Swarm of Hormagaunts. The Assault Phase took twenty minutes.

2. Infiltrating Genestealers destroyed his Medusa, and a Basilisk.

3.By Turn 3, he had twenty men, a Leman Russ with no turret, and a three-man Command Platoon. I lost something like 40 Hormagaunts, all the Genestealers, and six Warriors.

I bought him a pop and we laughed over the tremendous piles of dead Guard.
-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-09, 06:21 PM

Tau2007's Flag is: USA

My Tau versus my friend's SOBs. His Throne of Judgment destroys one of my Devilfish and the Fire Warriors come piling out. They valiantly -- although I assume futilely -- fire off their pulse rifles. They score four wounds, but what in the world are the odds that he'll roll four 1's for his saves? I mean, come one, there's no chance he's going to roll four 1's and get blasted off the board by some measly old Fire Warriors, is there?

Cheers,
Tau2007

Railguns: Str-10 + AP-1 = Life is Swell
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-09, 10:42 PM

playing a cityfight game a while ago. Our board was held up on two of the fold out tables in the back room of a youth center, guy comes in, comes close to look at the models, "accidentally" kicks the leg out from under one of the legs and most of the board goes crashing down into a big pile there. We said an earthquake occured and stil played on after kicking the other guy a few times.... plus we banned him.... I love being a youth worker

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode