I'm new and need help picking an army - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-16, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Mr. Vulcanator's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
What are some of your favourite traits in an army? Speed, close combat prowess, tanks, walkers, massed infantry, that sort of thing.
I want to be primarily focused on ranged weapons.

I'd rather have a lot of decent troops than have a really small force of really strong units. I do want strong units, but I don't want to replace my infantry with it.

I think at this point I'm mainly interested in Necrons, Orks, and to a lesser extent Tau and CSM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-16, 07:35 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Well, as someone currently amassing a Necron collection my vote goes there. Orks and shooting is a kinda funny concept to me
Fallen likes this.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-16, 07:45 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vulcanator View Post
I want to be primarily focused on ranged weapons.

I'd rather have a lot of decent troops than have a really small force of really strong units. I do want strong units, but I don't want to replace my infantry with it.

I think at this point I'm mainly interested in Necrons, Orks, and to a lesser extent Tau and CSM.
For that set up I would rank the armies in this fashion; Tau, Necrons, CSM, Orks.

Tau are by far THE most defined army that revolves around shooting. They have Crisis Suits to bring in their version of "Punching Power" with close ranged weapons such as plasma and melta weapons. Also they have the Riptide and their bigger version of those...whatever they are called (Local Tau player doesn't own one)

Necrons probably next follow up the trend, they tend to be a shorter ranged army compared to Tau over all, but they are a lot durable in comparison.

CSM I would say are next, although not by much.

Orks I would say are dead last, they shoot stuffs because they too far away to assault generally. Some units - such as lootas - are nice long ranged units, but they are one of the only decent ranged threats that the Orks have, and generally get focused early on.
Mr. Vulcanator likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Tags
balance , new player , picking army

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode