Chaos Psychic Powers - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-16, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Default Chaos Psychic Powers

Hi all

How are people running their psykers now?

How many do people take?
Which are the best disciplines for sorcerers?
Which are the best for Deamon princes?
Is the BL cyclopean cabal better than taking up to 5 Sorcerers from the black crusade?
Is Ahriman worth his points now?

So many questions...
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-16, 03:05 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

i cannot speak for the greater scene, but:
-in my group we basically shun psykers. a space marine guy sometimes brings a token Librarian for some extra shenanigans but it's unfocused on Psy powers. I sometimes use a biker sorceror with telepathy (Psy Shriek+invis) or biomancy to deliver a suicide mission that will tear open the enemy formation. More than that...nope.

-other chaos players i've seen IRL or on the net use the cyclopia for its extra cheesy power and to create deathstars of doom with Khorne daemonkin or daemon allies. 5 biker sorcerors with sigils, 2 levels each and familiar, plus some nurgle spawns or khorne hounds are going to wreck faces so hard you can't even think about it.

Generally speaking, as before, either you go psy heavy or you just skip that phase. A lone psyker can be fun but as it is now, psy powers are highly unreliable if not focused upon.
If you play to win, the cyclopia is the way to go, but i'd use it in 1850+ game only. lower points might get you overpowered.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-16, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Normally, I've brought a CS allied Sorc (with the 'make me a demon' relic)with a bodyguard of 5 possessed. They'd just sit at the back and summon every turn so the rest of my army could go forwards without worrying about holding objectives.
Now I really want to try Sinistrum and Heretech.

The other two disciplines seem to have one worthwhile power in each - and those are the ones that get complained about :/
I think a 3 Sorc cabal would be nice and maybe not too game breaking?

My main army is Eldar - I tried using a full seer council once. My army got 16 WC a turn from one unit and it basically ruined the game. I want to try the new powers but I'm anxious to avoid doing that again

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-16, 06:24 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

I haven't used psykers since 7th was released; as I think the Psychic phase is highly flawed in it's current format.

I very much preferred to use the prior psychic format of using Leadership tests instead.

----

As a whole I think the group at my FLGS tends to stay away from Psykers since it just drags the game out too long. From 6th ed where each army of 1500+ usually ran a minimum of 1-2 Psykers, pending the build, (Eldar style armies running 3-4+) to now there is maybe 1-4 used in the whole group of games played (usually most from a Nid player)

As my Tau friend says "begin boring phase #1 " (#2 is the assault phase for those of you interested ;))

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode