Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Opinions on the new White Dwarf

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Tawa 
#1 ·
The first monthly issue just arrived in stores, so how do you like it?

Battle report was a nice addition, but didn't really like this particular one. (Never tried Age Of Sigmar, might just be because of that). Cover feature was great, new rules for the boxed games. Also nice to get a free mini - slaughterpriest.
Other features were great, also price value was quite good, can't complain there.
From impression of the first issue, I think the change from weekly to montly was good call.

#2 ·
It was monthly for many years. It was a good speed. I can't imagine they were able to produce enough meaningful content at a weekly pace.

I wonder why they switched to weekly in the first place?

#4 ·
Don't forget the monthly issue of "Visions"..... :laugh:

#6 · (Edited)
I bought the issue as I thought I would give it a chance again. But I don't think I will be getting it again. The last issue I got was when they brought out the dinobots. It's still just another advertising tool. Personally I was hoping for a lot more hobby content, more than just one so called battle rep. I think the main problem is that if I want to look at pretty pics of miniatures I can hit Google up for free, not give gw £6. It's just not worth the cover price.
They could use it for dropping what's coming up in the next couple of months etc so maybe people could actually plan some form of long term army plan.

#7 ·
They could use it for dropping what's coming up in the next couple of months etc so maybe people could actually plan some form of long term army plan.
Stop being sensible! :punish:

:laugh: :laugh:

#8 ·
Personally, I enjoyed the change. Compared to the really old (from around the early 2000's), there's still room for improvement, but I felt that there was a bit more than just marketing stuff than in the weekly version (or the monthly version from right before the weekly one). Definitely an improvement :)

#10 ·
Bring back the early 90's WD! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.