Opinions on Militarum Tempestus? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-16, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Default Opinions on Militarum Tempestus?

I just saw a promotion for the Start collecting Militarum Tempestus! Box.

Part of me is very interested in this but I have no idea how the Tempestus play. Is the general consensus good? They seem a little expensive when you can get twice as many space marines for roughly the same price as a box of their normal scions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-16, 04:55 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Hi. generally speaking imperial guard and scions are NOT competitive. And this comes from a guy that play chaos marines. so...
The starter box, however is really interesting. Two of those, an inquisitor and some grey knights could be a very fluffy and fun force to play and paint/model.
Even as a standalone, the box is quite interesting. About the price, don't forget that it comes with a vehicle!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-16, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Hi. generally speaking imperial guard and scions are NOT competitive. And this comes from a guy that play chaos marines. so...
The starter box, however is really interesting. Two of those, an inquisitor and some grey knights could be a very fluffy and fun force to play and paint/model.
Even as a standalone, the box is quite interesting. About the price, don't forget that it comes with a vehicle!
Thanks, I was also interested in playing the Tempestus because I have a good amount of eisenkern stormtroopers and I thought they would proxy reasonably well.

With what I currently have going (an army that featured space marines, astra militarum, skitarii, ect) I thought they could add some more bodies to my all imperium army.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-16, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Ma'arri View Post
Thanks, I was also interested in playing the Tempestus because I have a good amount of eisenkern stormtroopers and I thought they would proxy reasonably well.

With what I currently have going (an army that featured space marines, astra militarum, skitarii, ect) I thought they could add some more bodies to my all imperium army.
Eisenkern troopers are just perfect for the proxie. I use some of them too
About adding to an existen imperium army: that's what they do. Usually deployed as "human space marines", they are the diamond tip of the imperial army. They will fit nicely. That box is calling you ;)

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-16, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Eisenkern troopers are just perfect for the proxie. I use some of them too
About adding to an existen imperium army: that's what they do. Usually deployed as "human space marines", they are the diamond tip of the imperial army. They will fit nicely. That box is calling you ;)
I think I might just have to buy it. I can use my guard / proxy guard as well as my numerous other proxy and non proxy minis to build a pretty nice looking army. Even if all these guard, scions, skitarii , adeptus astartes are not all a great combo together. Granted thinking about it I could get 100 space marines for roughly 110 dollars (not including shipping) In one sense it's ironic that space marines who are supposed to be the biggest imperial badasses are also some of the cheapest to get started with.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-16, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Ma'arri View Post
In one sense it's ironic that space marines who are supposed to be the biggest imperial badasses are also some of the cheapest to get started with.
Also, in modern tabletop standards, they are disposable as commoin guardsman. In every game i have with marines on the board, at least 50 ot them die between me and my opponent

Quote:
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-16, 04:36 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

If there's one thing I would change about my mechanized Guard army it would be to add in some Scions to Deep Strike and cause a ruckuss. My buddy used to do that to me all the time back in the days of 5th edition and it was a very effective way of interfering with my plans. Sure they're just namby-pamby humans but that AP3 can be a real pain in the neck, not to mention their Objective grabbing potential.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-16, 08:06 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

I agree, great as elites in support of the slow moving guard, but pretty finicky to play as an independent army.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-16, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
I agree, great as elites in support of the slow moving guard, but pretty finicky to play as an independent army.
Petty much the exact same thing I was thinking.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-16, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

This is what I've heard everyone say is a good idea, I've yet to encounter anyone who thinks taking these guys on their own is a good idea.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Tags
40k , militarum tempestus , start collecting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode