Genuinely Amazing Job GW - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-16, 06:13 PM
Rattlehead

I don't get how I'm so hilariously bad at Space Marines that I have really tough games against Dark Eldar and Tyranids. I usually lose to the Dark Eldar; Tyranids have recently had a list change from my regular opponent and I haven't fought that yet (except with my Guard, who've lost every game against it).

Oh, wait, no; I forgot, my opponent is really good and plays games instead of being a little crying bitch babby on the internet, which is why he kicks ass with Dark Eldar, Tyranids and Chaos Space Marines, and the OMG so fucking unbeatable GW favouritism omg Space Marines are... kind of average other than Battle Company. 'B-but the new psychic powers!!' So what the new psychic powers, other than Grav Centurions what are you going to use the new psychic powers on? And how are you fitting that many psychic powers in the one slot in a Drop Pod that Grav Centurions don't use up? 'B-but deathstars omg so powerful!' Space Marines can't do a Deathstar, what the fuck are you smoking? They can ally in Thunderwolves and Black Knights and make a Deathstar (although with the Librarius Conclave being rightfully nerfed into the ground in the draft FAQ, that may be soon to change), but guess what? Dark Eldar can ally in Eldar and beat the shit out of everyone. Tyranids can ally in a Decurion of Necrons if you really want. Allies don't mean shit when talking about a book's power level other than the caveat that Imperials do get more bonuses from allies than most other races except Dark Eldar.

GW does a U-turn and puts out amazing stuff with the Start Collecting boxes and interacting with customers and a huge FAQ that fixes loads of stuff in the meta, and what happens? B-but the FAQ makes Grav affect Void Shield! Fuck you, Games Workshop! You fixed the Librarius and allying in Drop Pods for a Culexus or War Convocation and finally clarified that 'a unit from this detachment' affects attached characters and finally fixed a load of stupid shit like Flyers auto-crashing if they were stunned and you stood 18" in front of it and not being able to Jink against Beams and whether Psychic Shriek rolls to Hit and being able to actually summon Bloodthirsters from Malefic post-Curse of the Wulfen and making 'best save' the owning player's discretion so you can take a re-rollable 'worse' save instead of your 'better' save or choose to take a worse save to lose models to make a charge longer etc. and what happens? How do people respond to this FAQ? 'Grav affects Void Shields, WTF Games Workshop you're terrible and horrible and I fucking hate you and I'm burning all my models because you're so terrible and gay and everyone is against me, how dare you make Space Marines better and give us NOTHING ELSE in return, you just HATE everyone that's not Space Marines and I can't possibly win with my insert faction x here army and it's not because I'm terrible and spend all my time bitching on the forums instead of practicing, it's YOUR fault GW'.

The number one response I see to everything GW does is 'Well, that's okay, but it really sucks they haven't done X', and it's going to stay that way when we get new plastic Greater Daemons because they don't have Grav Cannons and a rule that lets you auto-win the game, and a totally redone Sisters faction because well, it was kinda okay that they did Sisters but what we really meant when we bitched for eleven solid years was a Hrud codex; I think it's a foreboding sign that GW's so out of touch that they think the community wants Sisters of Battle instead of Hrud, man, I can't see them lasting much longer.

So, no. Fuck you, community, because GW is brilliant. And Rountree's salary is a big fucking improvement on yours to prove it.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-16, 07:11 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
I don't get how I'm so hilariously bad at Space Marines that I have really tough games against Dark Eldar and Tyranids. I usually lose to the Dark Eldar; Tyranids have recently had a list change from my regular opponent and I haven't fought that yet (except with my Guard, who've lost every game against it).

Oh, wait, no; I forgot, my opponent is really good and plays games instead of being a little crying bitch babby on the internet, which is why he kicks ass with Dark Eldar, Tyranids and Chaos Space Marines, and the OMG so fucking unbeatable GW favouritism omg Space Marines are... kind of average other than Battle Company. 'B-but the new psychic powers!!' So what the new psychic powers, other than Grav Centurions what are you going to use the new psychic powers on? And how are you fitting that many psychic powers in the one slot in a Drop Pod that Grav Centurions don't use up? 'B-but deathstars omg so powerful!' Space Marines can't do a Deathstar, what the fuck are you smoking? They can ally in Thunderwolves and Black Knights and make a Deathstar (although with the Librarius Conclave being rightfully nerfed into the ground in the draft FAQ, that may be soon to change), but guess what? Dark Eldar can ally in Eldar and beat the shit out of everyone. Tyranids can ally in a Decurion of Necrons if you really want. Allies don't mean shit when talking about a book's power level other than the caveat that Imperials do get more bonuses from allies than most other races except Dark Eldar.

GW does a U-turn and puts out amazing stuff with the Start Collecting boxes and interacting with customers and a huge FAQ that fixes loads of stuff in the meta, and what happens? B-but the FAQ makes Grav affect Void Shield! Fuck you, Games Workshop! You fixed the Librarius and allying in Drop Pods for a Culexus or War Convocation and finally clarified that 'a unit from this detachment' affects attached characters and finally fixed a load of stupid shit like Flyers auto-crashing if they were stunned and you stood 18" in front of it and not being able to Jink against Beams and whether Psychic Shriek rolls to Hit and being able to actually summon Bloodthirsters from Malefic post-Curse of the Wulfen and making 'best save' the owning player's discretion so you can take a re-rollable 'worse' save instead of your 'better' save or choose to take a worse save to lose models to make a charge longer etc. and what happens? How do people respond to this FAQ? 'Grav affects Void Shields, WTF Games Workshop you're terrible and horrible and I fucking hate you and I'm burning all my models because you're so terrible and gay and everyone is against me, how dare you make Space Marines better and give us NOTHING ELSE in return, you just HATE everyone that's not Space Marines and I can't possibly win with my insert faction x here army and it's not because I'm terrible and spend all my time bitching on the forums instead of practicing, it's YOUR fault GW'.

The number one response I see to everything GW does is 'Well, that's okay, but it really sucks they haven't done X', and it's going to stay that way when we get new plastic Greater Daemons because they don't have Grav Cannons and a rule that lets you auto-win the game, and a totally redone Sisters faction because well, it was kinda okay that they did Sisters but what we really meant when we bitched for eleven solid years was a Hrud codex; I think it's a foreboding sign that GW's so out of touch that they think the community wants Sisters of Battle instead of Hrud, man, I can't see them lasting much longer.

So, no. Fuck you, community, because GW is brilliant. And Rountree's salary is a big fucking improvement on yours to prove it.

Shit just got real.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-16, 10:41 PM

ArkInRev's Flag is: USA

I too am relieved and impressed at their effort so far. My biggest hurdle at the moment is getting my gaming group to believe that the FAQ is real. I just need to wait a week or so for the "official" FAQ release version so that we can use these rules. Not sure exactly what the gaming group is holding out for, but I don't think they can accept this reality where GW releases a thorough FAQ.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-16, 05:30 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:

I am going to agree with all of this.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-16, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

I would definitely agree @MidnightSun nothing can be fixed all at once, and there is always going to be something that isn't going to make people happy, I think the main point is that GW are taking a massive step in the right direction, and at the end of the day they are a business, of course they are going to do things that are gonna make you buy stuff from them like release stuff for their most popular army.

I've noticed as well that a bit of patience generally leads to good things, often a release is messy then later on they collate stuff either into bundles or just make stuff a compendium - see Kauyon and the new Tau Codex, or the Ad Mech bundles. At the end of the day GW are going to want to make money, its just refreshing how they are listening to customers on the best way to do that.

Also something I forgot off the original post - paperback books returning after an initial release if you want a cheaper option.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-16, 06:15 AM

Not criticizing but I can only be happy when GW expands to countries where there is no GW presence. Sorry.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-16, 08:57 AM

R_Squared's Flag is: England

Quote:
I don't get how I'm so hilariously bad at Space Marines that I have really tough games against Dark Eldar and Tyranids. I usually lose to the Dark Eldar; Tyranids have recently had a list change from my regular opponent and I haven't fought that yet (except with my Guard, who've lost every game against it)....
Maybe you should go back to playing orks then, apparently you were super awesome with them.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-16, 04:48 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Squared View Post
Maybe you should go back to playing orks then, apparently you were super awesome with them.
The joke being that I'm pretty good at Space Marines and can beat the shit out of FLGS-tier players but my friend who plays CSM, DE and Tyranids can beat the shit out of me with his 'bad' armies because he's bloody good at the game.

But I was better with Orks than Space Marines, I'll freely admit :p

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-16, 05:53 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

GW is definitely improving. Now we're a long way from any sort of second golden age but honestly I like the seeds that have been planted. I just hope they bear fruit.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-16, 03:28 PM

Still waiting for my nurgle daemonkin gw!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode