Which Legion/Chapter do you relate to? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-16, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Default Which Legion/Chapter do you relate to?

If you were to chose your own legion/chapter, which would you join?

I have always been a fan of the space smurfs, but I really don't think they would fit my personality. They're far too 'serious business' for me, and my mocking, flippant, dry sense of humour would get me fired into the Maelstrom.

I quite like the Night Lords. Sevatar and co certainly get my vote for morbid humour. But I don't think I'd really get into the whole skinning people part.

Lunar Wolves/Son's of Horus? Meh, they end up being Abaddon's bitches. Not for me.

Thousand Sons study too much for my liking.

I'm going to have to go with the White Scars. While I have no interest in motorbikes, I do like their penchant for the arts. I'm not Mongolian, but they seem to let in non-Asians from time to time.
Perhaps I could be a White Scar who just runs around hitting shit with an axe. Plus, they seem like they're up for a good laugh. Have a few drinks, get drunk, let your robohawks kill some Dark Eldar.

So, which chapter/legion matches your personality?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-16, 11:15 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Thousand Sons, hands down.

They were the army that really got me into 40k, because it was the perfect mesh of high fantasy/sorcery and the sci-fi awesome of space marines. I've always played the mage, so they're perfect.

But it has to be the LEGION. None of this demon stuff.

If we're going past Legion, I might go Grey Knight. When I don't play the mage, I play the Paladin.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-16, 11:30 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Raven Guard for me.
Stealth and cunning, then the trap is sprung before you know it. Fade away into nothing, then attack again from another direction. Cool...........

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-16, 12:12 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

One of the reasons I play loyalist Emperor's Children is because of how much I identify with them. A bunch of perfectionist who hold to the idea that perfection is an unattainable goal but they reach for it anyway. They fight of arrogance of crippling self-loathing that fells their brothers and in the end they die because they refuse to abandon their Father and the idea that their actions can actually make things better. So the actual soul of the Legion appeals to me.

Then there's their play-style. I've always favoured rapid co-ordinated assaults and that's what my purple boys do best.

Plus the Emperor's Children have wonderful models and that means I can enjoy a bit of artistry with them (another thing me and the Legion have in common). So yeah, pretty much a perfect match me and the IIIrd!

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-16, 02:26 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Alpha Legion, as my repeated defenses outlining their flaws in the "anyone else tired of how OP Alpha Legion" threads that crop up in the fluff forum will attest.

I... over-think things. Also I'm a lefty, and fuck if I know what my right hand is doing most of the time.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 03-10-16 at 02:29 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-16, 03:08 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Also I'm a lefty, and fuck if I know what my right hand is doing most of the time.

Blood Angels (surprise!!). The duality of their noble aesthetic and battle-crazed insanity always hit home with me, and the story of Sanguinius' end totally rocked my mind when I was 8. Then there's the penchant for burning things...I like getting in close and burning/punching it out in the game and they provide me with ample ways of accomplishing such goals.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-16, 01:29 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Imperial Fists, it's why I play them. I pride myself on being able to take a punch.

I've dealt with adversities and difficult trials in life, and I refuse to let them get me down. It's gotten me fairly far, being able to weather excruciating conditions. At work, mental issues, etc. I have always remained stalwart against these things, and I have always ended up surviving and coming out on top.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-16, 07:52 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

I've thought about this before. Probably Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus, but I would have been killed off at Istvaan by my own legion

www.communitycomp.org/

^ Balanced 40k!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-16, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
I've thought about this before. Probably Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus, but I would have been killed off at Istvaan by my own legion
You may have escaped, like Loken or Severian (well, Severian was in Khangba Marwu)
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-16, 01:22 PM

Rush Darling's Flag is: United Kingdom

In spite of playing a Raven Guard successor, to my chagrin I must admit I'm probably more on a page with the Salamanders. Whilst I definitely relate to the pragmatism of the Raven Guard, as someone who works in engineering and likes to build things, I'd probably be happier churning out fancy boltguns / blessing my tanky tanks. I could probably go with Iron Hands, but I definitely appreciate the attitude of keeping civvies safe (it's kind of the whole point) and I also have a predilection for fire.

Either way, most probably kaput at Isstvan. Unless I was lucky enough to be off training as a Techmarine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode