Call Out: (Fixing the broken and dumb) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-16, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
I think it would be simpler to state that synapse creatures benefit from Adamantium Will.

Have Shadow in the Warp force enemy psykers to re-roll sixes when casting powers in proximity.
Serp, your a genius - Totally forgot about Adamantium Will

----

I personally don't care for the current iteration of the Psychic Phase....Click to read rest of rant...

Otherwise I like the idea that it requires rerolls of 6's - Personally I think that it should be an army wide defense - since SitW is supposed to make it difficult for psychers - versus it being a proximity thing, maybe make it be like demonology where any double causes a peril if your close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

Last edited by Fallen; 03-26-16 at 06:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-16, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Orks:
Mob Rule should go back to what it was before or some variation of that. This ties into the next part.

Hey scscofield, is mob rule still "when the squad numbers above 10 they are fearless" if not would you mind posting it so that I can understand the problem - my local ork player tending to run the green tide with battlewagons - not many trucks.

Trukks should be cheaper if not free for various units. Right now if you take a unit of boys in a trukk with no eavy armor and it explodes the chance of mob rule screwing you over is extremely high. 35 points (40 if your take the ram too) for a 10 all around open topped transport is a hefty chunk of points if you try to run a trukk list.

Could instead of making the trucks cheaper, allow them to carry more (like 15 base) be a possible/better change?

My current 1850 list has 3 trukks with 12 boys in it. I put them all in eavy armor because of the mob rule and trukk combo. That is about 249 points for the armor and trukks, 264 if i added rams.
Read my PDF - it makes your boyz a little more survivable already.

----

As a friendly reminder, if you see something in the PDF(s) and you want to argue, debate, praise, or criticize it, feel free to. I'm always looking for someone to tell me something that I miss or fucked up without noticing. - You'll probably want to have the BRB open when you do, some things get some minor buffs even though not a whole lot changes (FMCs is like that).

Quote:
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-16, 06:54 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Call it personal preference, but I think the Mark of Khorne should also grant Adamantium will. Or that khornate units should have easier access to it. Also some way khornate units should get more dispel dice during the psychic phase... cheap banners could do some of this, but not enough, I don't think.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-16, 10:51 AM
Feed

The current working of the psychic phase doesn't bother me. I played a 2.5k game today. My list included two maleceptors, a zoanthrope, the swarmlord, a tyrant, Genestealer Magus, Patriarch, and a broodlord. That's sixteen warp dice before the D6 roll.

Even with that hefty starting pool, realistically I am only going to successfully manifest three or four powers across the board. With every dead psyker that pool shrinks, and even then I am only going to be able to rely on a few of them pending the psychic power roll. I will never have a psychic phase where all eight of those psykers will contribute.

Taking psykers is a gamble now, and I'm okay with that. With the random powers at your disposal, the random nature of casting and the potential backlash, psykers can be a make or break aspect of any army and will quite often manage to be both.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-27-16, 02:50 PM
Rattlehead

What Serpion said. I think the psychic phase works out fine because of the random nature of it, and that you can't rely on it too heavily or you're going to run into a Culexus one day.

I never bother with psykers unless I'm bringing Tigurius, who re-rolls failed casting attempts and can get the spells he wants reliably as well as also giving you re-rolls for reserves and a really good Warlord Trait (i.e. doesn't have to be a psychic powerhouse to still be valuable, giving a unit Rending on their shooting attacks is better than a lot of psychic powers anyhow), or I'm casting on a 2+ from the Librarius or Psykana Division. Otherwise it's just hella unreliable to cast even if you do get the powers you want; I played against my friend's Tyranids on Friday and between a brood of Zoanthropes and two Flyrants he didn't get a single Catalyst and only one The Horror, meaning he basically just kept Dominion up (unnecessarily) all game and didn't use anything else (to any effect, leastways; the one Warp Lance from the Zoanthropes missed or did nothing anyway, and Psychic Scream against Ld10 blob squads is fairly ineffective).

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-16, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Sorry for the late reply, been working on getting a new job (which unless I somehow Derp it up, I shall have).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Call it personal preference, but I think the Mark of Khorne should also grant Adamantium will. Or that khornate units should have easier access to it. Also some way khornate units should get more dispel dice during the psychic phase...
Personally, I am all for just adding Adamantium Will to Mark/Demon of Khorne for no cost, or at the least for +1 point per model if it is a purchasable upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
...Taking psykers is a gamble now, and I'm okay with that. With the random powers at your disposal, the random nature of casting and the potential backlash, psykers can be a make or break aspect of any army and will quite often manage to be both.
I "Like" random powers a little, not a whole lot, but it is manageable. I think the CSMs did a decent take with the God Specific powers being a smaller table and I would follow the trend from there if there was to be more "race specific psychic powers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
...I never bother with psykers unless I'm bringing Tigurius, who re-rolls failed casting attempts and can get the spells he wants reliably...or I'm casting on a 2+ from the Librarius or Psykana Division.

Otherwise it's just hella unreliable to cast...
I'm not going to continue to bash the Psychic Phase, I just liked 6th Ed's version of casting and defending a lot better, and I will probably continue to make my errata flow in that direction; however if all of us can come up with an agreeable non play tested alternative for the current writing I'll add that as well.

IF anyone wishes to play test these changes and give feed back I would love it.

----

Anyways, here is the current update. Please have a look. C&C is welcome like always.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Warhammer 40k Errata_4-10-16.pdf (463.5 KB, 2 views)

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode