Call Out: (Fixing the broken and dumb) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-21-16, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Point taken, posts removed. Enjoy your thread

I had a longer post than this with some explanation but Heresy likes dicking with my posts these days, so yeah.
The rest of your post was valid, no reason to delete - it's just that Formations are something that I do not wish to try to attempt to tackle due to my own bias against them. There are many other, probably smarter, people who are able to take that into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-23-16, 06:19 AM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Only a few come to mind and its all for Necrons. Bear with me on this:

NECRONS:

Tesseract Vault: Make it like it used to be when you could purchase what powers it could use or reduce the price. Right now, you are paying the equivalent of 11 Killa-kans for a vehicle that has random shooting powers that may or may not be useful. Simply put, when compared to something like a Knight or the Wraithknight, it just feels lacking at that price given that you are at the mercy of a D6 roll for your power that turn.

Obelisk: Not as lacking as the Vault but could do with a slight price reduction. Or possibly the ability to act as a teleport homer.

Scarabs: I see no reason for their price to increase by 5pts each, especially since they can't eat vehicles as easily as their last codex.Bring the points back down to their original.

Anrakyr: Took a huge hit this edition since Mind in the Machine randomly picks a single weapon on a vehicle to fire. Simply revert it to how it was or allow the player to pick the weapon fired.

Annhilation Barges: Given the (justified) nerf to Tesla, there isn't as much reason for their current point cost since they can't jink and still score 12 hits anymore. Knock it down to 100 pts each and we're good.

Probably have more for my other codexes but I'm tired.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-16, 04:06 AM Thread Starter

Ok, here are some of everyone's changes - mostly focused on CSM and Demons since I have those Codexs on hand - also do note that this does include the changes that I would make to the BRB

Looking to see if I can borrow a friends Vanilla Marines, Tyranids, Necrons, or DA codex.

----

Also if @ntaw is still lurking around, I do wish that you had not deleted your post since I was interested in seeing what your BA wish list was - If you wish to PM me and discuss it privately I can do that if you wish.

----

Note: for the BRB errata/FAQ/Changes I will put the same Disclaimer here as I put in the other thread I linked to in my OP, please PLEASE read it over very carefully and have your BRB out with you when you do - there are a lot of minute changes/clarifications (LoS!) and real potential game changers (Over watch)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Warhammer 40k Errata.pdf (420.8 KB, 0 views)

Quote:
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-16, 04:27 AM

Tyriks's Flag is: USA

Is it too late to add a few, now that I've thought it over more?
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-16, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

@Tyriks Absolutely not, add away my friend.

But please, don't ask for anything regarding formations.

Quote:
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-24-16, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

sorry for delay been waiting for some codexs to be freed up from their owners...and being sick for a week or so.

----

anyways, I hope that everyone is enjoying this little event (and if you wish to talk/argue/debate some of the things that I have posted regarding these house-rules.

----

To continue - I have received the SM and Nid codex yesterday (Tuesday) and I have been quietly rambling on.

The first thing I shall post is the Tyranid "Shadow in the warp" change I made, since... it...it's hard to create a suitable rule change and have it work and still be fluffy.

I kinda wanted to post it here first before I officially add it to my word/pdf file.

----

TYRANIDS
Shadow in the Warp: Rewrite
All enemy unit, and or models, with the “Psycher”, “Psychic Pilot”, or “Brotherhood of Psychers” special rule attempting to cast a psychic power against a unit from the “Tyranid Faction” it suffers a negative 1 penalty to its Leadership value. In addition, should the Psycher be within 12” of a Tyranid with the “Synapse creature” special rule it suffers an additional negative 1 penalty.

Synapse Creature: Amendment
Add “In addition, models with this rule count as being a Mastery Level 1 Psycher for Deny The Witch rolls only; should the model have a Mastery Level higher than 1 it is treated as having its original value.”

----

I have been brooding on how I would change this rule, and I wanted to get some feedback on it first.

Quote:
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-24-16, 10:12 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Orks:
Mob Rule should go back to what it was before or some variation of that. This ties into the next part.

Trukks should be cheaper if not free for various units. Right now if you take a unit of boys in a trukk with no eavy armor and it explodes the chance of mob rule screwing you over is extremely high. 35 points (40 if your take the ram too) for a 10 all around open topped transport is a hefty chunk of points if you try to run a trukk list.

My current 1850 list has 3 trukks with 12 boys in it. I put them all in eavy armor because of the mob rule and trukk combo. That is about 249 points for the armor and trukks, 264 if i added rams.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-24-16, 11:26 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
TYRANIDS

Shadow in the Warp: Rewrite All enemy unit, and or models, with the “Psycher”, “Psychic Pilot”, or “Brotherhood of Psychers” special rule attempting to cast a psychic power against a unit from the “Tyranid Faction” it suffers a negative 1 penalty to its Leadership value. In addition, should the Psycher be within 12” of a Tyranid with the “Synapse creature” special rule it suffers an additional negative 1 penalty.

Synapse Creature: Amendment Add “In addition, models with this rule count as being a Mastery Level 1 Psycher for Deny The Witch rolls only; should the model have a Mastery Level higher than 1 it is treated as having its original value.”
I think it would be simpler to state that synapse creatures benefit from Adamantium Will.

Have Shadow in the Warp force enemy psykers to re-roll sixes when casting powers in proximity.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-24-16, 12:35 PM

Rush Darling's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Have Shadow in the Warp force enemy psykers to re-roll sixes when casting powers in proximity.
When they're trying to harness? Wouldn't that just help them avoid perils? Maybe make them re-roll 4s?

Making them re-roll sixes whilst trying to deny however would be somewhat helpful. Kind of the opposite of GKs Aegis.

EDIT: I'll take pretty much any change to the current rule, as right now it's so very meh.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-25-16, 02:08 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Darling View Post
When they're trying to harness? Wouldn't that just help them avoid perils? Maybe make them re-roll 4s?
I think re-rolling successful warp charges is a bit overkill. Re-rolling sixes still gives a chance to fail. Also since the Shadow is described as blanking an area of the warp in fluff, it is less likely for perils to take hold anyway.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode