• Eversor

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Vindicare

Votes: 43 64.2%

Officio Assassinorum Poll

2K views 38 replies 31 participants last post by  Grimskul25 
#1 ·
Who's your favorite assassin and why?

I like the Eversor the best with the Vindicare a close second.

The Eversor because he gives you the potential to rip the guts out of your opponents troops choices before they even get a chance to do anything about it and I like the Vindicare because he can pick out enemy Sergeants and heavy weapon troops from their units.

#2 ·
Incidentally, how do Eversors work with the Imperial Weapon teams? If one dies, another takes over. So effectively, they never lose their heavy weapon operative, right?

Special Weapons and Sergeants can go, but I still don't see how that effect works.

I especially like the Vindicares rule where it can target units in close combat as well. So go and hold that daemon in combat, and then snipe away.

Still, for 95 points, I'm addicted to the Eversor. 100 points, and you get a unit the equivalent of an old Marine captain, for 60 points, (minus the armour). Absolutely insane, considering the damage they can do.

#3 ·
I have been using a Vindicare for 4 years and I wasn't aware that he could pick models out that were locked in CC. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I never knew that and now that I do, you can bet I'll be taking advantage.

#5 ·
Far and away, my favorite of the four is the vindicare. For once, it's not the fluff that dictates my choice, but how it works on the table. It has the most "assassin-y" feel to it, allowing you to target a specific model with each shot. Being able to pick off an Ork Nob or a Space Marine Sergeant with each pull of the trigger is worth its weight in gold.

#6 ·
ditto. i dont have a vindicare assassin model, or any for that matter, because i play chaos but i have played against all four and by far the vindicare has caused me the most problems. i cant say how many times he has picked off my aspiring champions and even twice one has killed my chaos lord. also it does have the right "feel" to it as he is an assassin

#7 ·
Callidus.

For the knife in the back, accept no substitutes.

A Vindicare WORKS better overalll.... but Callidus fits my style more.

#10 ·
Vindicare nothing stops the big scary thing more than a peice of lead in the brain

#11 ·
vindicare is my favorite by far. but i want a culexus you would be amazed how many psykers there are in an oppositions army and eldar are the worst. they have so many psykers it is just so fun to go against them with it. bye bye farseer council.
but all in all vindicare can kill almost anything it can see.

#12 ·
I'm not sure.

I've had two assassin models for years - and the Inquisitor that came with them.
Pre-Callidus temple, and the ninja-guy-with-combibolter.

I've only recently picked up a Vindicare and Eversor (not used any them yet in 5th ed.)

My favourite of all assassin models is the ninja-guy.
Next favourite is the Vindicare (Jes Goodwin's styling shines brightly).

#16 ·
I play against Eldar a lot so for me it has to be Culexus (nothing says i love you like 12 anti psyker shots at a seer council) but in my adeptus mechanicus army based on the sisters of battle ordo hereticus i have 6 death cult assassins and these are awesome when used in bulk

#17 ·
Vindicare assassins definitely.... they look so cool!! mine took out abbadon, kharn and ahriman in one game, plus 2 rhinos!!! I loved him... Shame I lost him...:(

#18 ·
Vindicare FTW
as many a person has said playin mostly in your face armys a Vindicare is a nightmare
I remember the old chaos rules the only thing in my squads that could takes tanks was my asp champs and once they were gone on came the dreadies *shudder* bad memories

peace out:victory:

#19 ·
CallidusS8 flamer and who cares if you got rune armour or worship Tzeentch I'm still gonna kill you
Oh and before you do anything your big guns have just moved out of cover :p

#20 ·
The callidus appearing out of nowhere to stick a blade in the enemy commanders back has always been a tempting idea, but I've never bought one. Maybe I should.

#23 ·
I have the uncanny tendency to roll a 6 for his extra attacks almost every time. I've seen destruction on this scale with my eversor plenty of times, so I am agreeing with you totally.

#25 ·
what's wrong with Culexus assasins? I've never used them myself but I'm sure there's something good about them....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.