5th Edition Marines - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-08, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

BloodANgels89's Flag is: USA

Default 5th Edition Marines

So, as we know, Marines are getting a HUGE overhaul with the release of the new codex.

Sternguard Marines, Veteran Marines, crazy new Characters.

So i ask, who thinks marines are FINALLY getting the upgrade they deserve? And who will be switching from Dark Angels, Blood Angels, and Black Templars, to possibly (dare i say it) Ultramarines?! Salamanders or some other chapter the new codex will improve upon with the release of their new characters? I know I will be switching from my Blood Angels to possibly Crimson Fists, Raven Guard, or Salamanders, simply because i have a lot of melta weapons/ assault units already to fit right in :p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-08, 08:29 AM

Ordo Xeno Commander's Flag is: New Zealand

cant say I am, as there is speculation that a second codex is coming out that contains rules and point for all the non-codex chapters (BT, BA, DA). And the fact that until that arrives, im going to use the 5th ed SM rules that my DA use (POMS and all that). Might throw chronus onto my LR.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-08, 08:47 AM

Vanchet's Flag is: United Kingdom

I might try and use both no and again (only becasue I made my own Successor Chapter) But certainly I'm certainly NOT following the smurfs.

I'm not insane I just lack sanity, there's a difference....................somewhere

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-08, 09:01 AM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

* Looks at sig... Dances \o/

I'm happy because, despite being cover boys since I remember, that the Ultramarines are getting a bit of character. I've always liked them for being the organised, upstanding chaps they are (a la Romans etc) - it's been good to see Cassius and the Tyranid Hunters (although does anyone use them?), Sicarius with his kick-ass claws and Marneus' Guard. The new stuff is great; I've already ordered the new Sicarius and Tellion.

Nothings actually stopping other SM chapters using the models with count as rules though as I don't think they've actually got any U's on them - certainly nothing a knife and file couldn't sort. I'm sure there'll be new codices for the divergent chapters that'll enable them to remain different but worth using.

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-08, 09:36 AM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

i dont know really. it would have been nicer i think if the BA and DA got the same kind of treatment the vanilla marines get. the DA got updated last edition for the first time in what, 5 or 6 years, with a shiny upgrade sprue. the BA didnt even get any new models or a codex at all.

the vanilla marines get an update every edition, tons of new models and a shiny 150 page codex, when they really arent that different from the other types of marine at all.

i think it would be cool to see lots more people play salamanders or white scars, the cool chapters that no one plays.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-08, 11:57 AM

Damned Fist's Flag is: Canada

I really like the idea that i can finally play my Legion of the Damned as a codex list.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-08, 12:01 PM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damned Fist View Post
I really like the idea that i can finally play my Legion of the Damned as a codex list.
I thought they were going to be an elites choice... ? Maybe i'm getting confused.

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-08, 12:16 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

I certainly intend to make a new Marine Army. As my current marines are highly converted I dont want to do more conversons along the same lines. Its time for something new, and all these shiney new figures are ideal. As far as special characters go, yes I will be using these, but they will be 'count as' models, becuse I just dont want to be Ultra.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-08, 12:23 PM

Damned Fist's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop5 View Post
I thought they were going to be an elites choice... ? Maybe i'm getting confused.
The way I understand it if you go with Legion of the damned then the entire army deep strikes. But, nothing is confirmed until the new codex comes out in October.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-08, 12:53 PM

I for one am thrilled. I have a successor chapter and like to rotate through using the Dark Angels codes, Marine codex, and Blood Angels codex. Can't wait for some of the new models (vanguard veterans) to come out. Going to be a nice change.

Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know. - Me

Mother nature does not give do overs. - Me too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode