The Forgotten Legions - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Chase.man259's Flag is: USA

Default The Forgotten Legions

Forgotten apologies intrigue mystery

Hey guys Im kind of new to this forum so if this is in the wrong section I apologies.

I recently have been reading up on a lot of the primarch fluff online as they intrigue me greatly. And I came upon the biggest mystery in the 40k universe I have yet to hear off.

Two primarchs were never found by the imperium. Almost nothing is know of these two missing primarchs.

One thing is during some of Horus's visions have him in many places and times including looking through all of the gene-tanks containing the infant primarchs and says "untapped glories that lay within, knowing they would never come to pass" as he stops at chamber XI which is one of the unknown primarchs. Later in a fit of rage during his vision he smashes the same chamber damaging it.

Is this why one is missing? And what of the other leigon II?

If anyone has information I have not heard or can help to imaging these two untapped primarchs fate I would love to hear it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 03:00 AM

deusvult's Flag is: USA

From what I have heard GW purposely left those two without any cannon info to allow for more DIYS Chapter possibilities.

I am not big on marine fluff, so I can't tell you much more.

Quote:
There is no such thing as an honest alien breed, but the tau
are more dishonourable than any other. Most of the aliens
cowed by the Imperial Guard are obvious and predictable in
their methods and we have learnt how to take advantage of
their weaknesses: orks are stupid, brittle boned and feeble;
eldar are cowardly, cynical and sport archaic and ineffective
weaponry; tyranids are mindless, half blind and confused by
sudden movements.
- The Imperial Infanrtyman's Uplifting Primer, Damocles Gulf Edition
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 03:08 AM
Inquisitor

Bishop120's Flag is: USA

GW has stated they purposely left them out for people to fool around and make their own personal chapters so not everyone is bound to the set chapters and their ways.

But in recent history 2 things has popped up..

The Blood Ravens battle cry states "For the Unknown Primarch" leading to speculation that they are A) one of the chapters from a lost primarch or B) they just dont know who their primarch is (I guess no DNA tests in the 41st millenium)

The Alpha Legion actually has 2 Primarchs... Alpharius and Omegon. They are twin primarchs. Omegon could be one of the additional primarchs that is "missing".

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His honour is duty itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

- Roboute Guilliman
Primarch of the Ultramarines
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Chase.man259's Flag is: USA

I really like the Blood ravens speculation but you think that they'd fill in that blank so they wont be a random ass chapter from nowheres. I think I can except that. Who knows maybe in the next codex.

But I have read that the emp may have never even known of the twin so im not sure about that.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 04:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
The Blood Ravens battle cry states "For the Unknown Primarch" leading to speculation that they are A) one of the chapters from a lost primarch or B) they just dont know who their primarch is (I guess no DNA tests in the 41st millenium)
IIRC it's more been hinted towards them being a loyalist remnant of the Thousand Sons.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 08:45 AM

Lord Khorne's Flag is: Australia

@ bishop120: It has been speculated that alpharius and omegon were one in the same.
either they were sharing a body-dr jekyll and mr hyde or something or that he pretended he was two.

GW is the eternal circle.
It creates and destroys.
Inspires and demorilises.
Gives Birth and Murders.
That is Games Workshop.

Currently working on Guardians Of Pella Space Marine chapter
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 11:20 AM

The_Pi's Flag is: Europe

I think GW let them unknown to make own chapters...but who the hell would create a loyalist chapter that is "erased from imperial record"? Not me, that's sure.

Anyway, where can i find Blood Ravens fluff?

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 12:13 PM

Imperial Dragon's Flag is: Australia

Yeah i heard the same about GW leaving it for players to make there own chapters and stuff and same with the blood ravens being apart of the thousand sons

i think that's on wikipedia the info about blood ravens.

How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair. Only united can we hope to stand against them.

Aun'shi of the Tau Empire
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 02:11 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Legions II and XI were originally the Crimson Fists and Rainbow Warriors in the early days of Rogue Trader. The fluff was quickly amended, putting the Crimson Fists in their current place, and the Rainbow Warriors in the closet of things best forgotten. The holes in the roster remained, though. What GW intends them to be used for is sort of a moot point-- the early reorganization of the fluff is where those Legions ran away to.

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 02:49 PM

Revelations's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase.man259 View Post
Two primarchs were never found by the imperium. Almost nothing is know of these two missing primarchs.
This needs to be corrected, in several locations it specifically mentions that all the Primarchs (20) were located and fought during the great war. Whatever happened happened between then and the rest of History. There is a wonderful site dedicated to all the theories that I can't seem to locate atm. I'll dig around a little more.

Pondering...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode