2000pt Logan Wing - Let Prospero Burn..... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-10, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Blood_Knight's Flag is: USA

2000pt Logan Wing - Let Prospero Burn.....

Ok, so ive been posting and thinking, and posting and re-hashing. I'm about to drop a big order for parts to custom build the hell out of this army and i want to make sure ive got it down to where i want it and need your help to make sure i havent missed anything.

This is going to be my games day army and ard boyz army for the new year. So yes, i want to make people run with tails between their legs. Im custom building almost everything, including a whole new Logan look. Once i start, a blog will be posted. Thanks! please, any comments, even just to say it looks good are much appreciated! thanks. ill be back in a bit. just got Prospero Burns, so im gonna go start that. Dan Abnett ftw!

HQ:
Logan
Rune Priest Wyrdmake: meltabombs, living lightning, murderous hurricane - 105pts

Troops:
Logans Sqd:
2 PA wolfguard w/ 1 PW
3 TA wolfguard w/ x2 meltaguns, CML
drop pod
220pts

Wyrdmakes Sqd:
1 PA wolfguard w/ PW
4 TA wolfguard w/ x2 meltaguns, PF, CML
drop pod
245pts

x3
Wolfguard Sqd: (Names pending reading Prospero Burns)
2 PA wolfguard
4 TA wolfguard w/ x2 meltaguns, 1 meltagun&PF, CML
drop pod
258pts
(774pts total)

Elites:
Dreadnought w/ HF, MM, Drop pod - 150pts
(i know hes a bit of an odd ball, but i was having trouble with points, and he seems he could be a viable distraction from everything else dropping in) of course another long fang sqd is possible, but what to do with the left over points? that and i think such a vernable army such as logan and his termies looked good with a dreadnought roaming around

Heavies:
5 longfangs w/ 4 MLs - 115pts
5 longfangs w/ 4 MLs - 115pts

1999pts

tell me what you think!

People take time to comment. So reply in kind

My Khorne/Nurgle army project log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-10, 07:50 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

As I recall, Wyrdmake didn't make it....

In looking at your list - I don't really think the Drop Assault will work all that well. It will certainly struggle vs. Razorwolves.

Also, for the points efficiency, you should max your Longfangs to 3 squads and give them Razorbacks (cheap fire support)

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-10, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Blood_Knight's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT40k View Post
As I recall, Wyrdmake didn't make it....
Ah yes, of course CLT would catch that yeah, i know he dosent, , i just like the name, and studious people such as yourself would get a kick out of it.

As for your list advice, like i said, ill probably go back and forth with a 3rd longfang sqd and the dreadnought, or just get 3 razorbacks for them. ill have models to play around with and with some play testing find out my style on it.

everyone and there brother is running a razorwolf sqd, so i wanted a more "vernable" if you will looking army. very rustic. along with a custom Logan and what not.

plus ive devised a kick-arse basecoat that i will be ususing. ya know, alittle of this, alittle of that, but like i said before, once i start. ill maintain the blog.

thanks again CLT. glad to see someone kicking out there atleast.

People take time to comment. So reply in kind

My Khorne/Nurgle army project log
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-31-10, 12:50 AM
Auretious Taak's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Knight View Post
thanks again CLT. glad to see someone kicking out there atleast.
To be fair, it's New Years Eve man, most of us kicking out there are chilling just before we leave on a bloody great piss up for the next few days running...and you also didn't factor in timezones either, 2 and a bit hours for a response, not that bad especially with the day being what it is and all.

That said:

Quote:
Wyrdmakes Sqd:
1 PA wolfguard w/ PW
4 TA wolfguard w/ x2 meltaguns, PF, CML
drop pod
245pts
Wolf Guard don't have meltaguns.

They have COMBI_MELTA's.

There is a huge difference ingame here and as a TO checking the lists, you'd get hit for that, more importantly the models need to reflect combi-melta's not meltaguns.

You also mentioned this will be your 'ard Boyz list but haven't given us a full 2,500pt list, just a 2,000pt list, so where are you headed for 2,500pts, then we can give you more reliable feedback as 2500pts is completely different to 2,000pts. As is, you don't have enough anti-mech saturation. You want 3 combi-melta's in those squads and mix up the TDA+PA more so as to drop more guys and better stuff into the mix.

You want an odd number of Drop Pods as well so as you maximise the initial strike, fill out the LF's with drop pods and drop them empty later on and you in effect have the whole army on the board to start with or most of it. Also remember that Drop Wolves aren't Razorwolves, they are more of a Hybrid mix then a pure armoured shooting force, so you still need that balance, but think about the armies you will face, razorwolves at 2000pts is bad enough at 2500pts they turn around and munch through your expensive terminators, again, mix the armour up, add ablative models as bullet magnets. You can get 2 WG per WG Terminator so use and abuse. 3rd unit of Long Fangs needed at this level. Ditch a unit of WG if need be but get that 3rd unit into the list and max them to the full 6 LF's with 5 ML's. My personnal preference has been to include 2 Lascannons in each unit, but that's me. I find it deals with armour and heavier targets much more efficiently in that mix whilst retaining the anti-infantry aspects needed for their role.

Cheers and have a great New Years,

Auretious Taak.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode