Drop Podding Wolves - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-23-07, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Default Drop Podding Wolves

This is my first forray into DPing Space Wolves. I dropped a Khorne Army a few times and was very satisfied. I appreciate any feedback to the list:

WOLF PRIEST - 123
WOLF TOOTH NECKLACE
WOLF PELT
PLASMA PISTOL

WOLF GUARD BATTLE LEADER - 143
THUNDERHAMMER
BELT OF RUSS
WOLF TOOTH NECKLACE
WOLF PELT

DREADNOUGHT - 150 (2)
HEAVY FLAMER
EXTRA ARMOR
DROP POD

GREY HUNTER PACK (8) - 194 (4)
PLASMA PISTOLS (2)
PLASMA GUN
BOLTERS (5)
DROP POD

LANDSPEEDER TORNADO - 80 (2)
HEAVY BOLTER
ASSAULT CANNON

TOTAL: 1502

The ICs will be attached to Grey Hunter Packs. The Dreadnoughts are regular dreads. Do you think that I am lacking in Anti-Tank power? I could swap out the Plasma guns for matlaguns. What do you readers think?

"I have failed in my duty to my home, my Brothers, my Primarch, and all of Mankind. When my blood-twin betrayed the Space Wolves and joined the likes of that cur Skyrar my honor was forever shamed. I left the Wolf Guard that day and entered the Wolf Priesthood. My Brother-Wolves have forgiven me, but I will not be so kind. I will stalk the battlefield slaying any who come before me. I will the shout the deeds of Russ and His Sons to the stars. I will minister to my Brothers and to the Cubs that join us. My thoughts, however, will always be on that single act of betrayal. Should I meet my traitor-kin on the field I will break his body and drag him to Fenris to stand before the entire Brotherhood. With tears in my eyes and anguish in my heart I will send him to hell and free my soul from eternal damnation."

-Wolf Priest Karmedrion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-07, 11:45 AM

u dont have two troops do u but still that a good list a lot of gaurd players will say :fuck: to u because u will be ripping in combat
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-07, 03:34 PM

I think the (4) after his grey hunter pack is to indicate that there are four of them.

I'm surprised you have so few power weapons. Some armies are just going to charge you after you land and beat you up. You haven't really got all that much firepower I think so you have to plan for what happens in the following turns.

Many people play that land speeders count as having moved over 12" on the turn they arrive and therefore can't shoot. Check this before you play. If the speeders can't fire when they arrive then I'd get rid of them.

You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts.
Black Legion, Sisters WIP, Feudal IG WIP.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-07, 08:14 PM

The Wildonion's Flag is: USA

IIRC the FAQ does say that a Deep Striking Landspeeder can not fire the turn it arrives.

As for the list, there is a boat load of Plasma in there, which can be pretty intimidating, but from what I have seen from the Wolves they do better with Power Weapons, Power Fists, and Meltaguns.

As for your characters: I wouldn't risk the Plasma Pistol on your Wolf Priest and I wouldn't want to give up your WGBL's wonderful I stat with a Thunderhammer; You would be better off with a Bolt Pistol on the Priest and a Power Weapon on the WFBL from what I have seen, leave the Power Fists (and their equivalents) to your grunts.

Otherwise the list looks pretty fearsome; a nice quick strike force. You just need to worry about the Drop Pods not arriving together; if you don't get enough of them onto the table at the same time then your opponent will have an easier time destroying your army because it is coming in piecemeal and won't be supported.

Duty is as heavy as a mountain, but Death as light as a feather; only in Death does Duty end.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode