Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Fluffy 1850 SW

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Thylacine 
#1 · (Edited)
Not quite Space Wolves, admittedly. This is actually a chapter of my own making and I've chosen to use the SW book for it. Anyway, it's just meant to be a fun, fluffy list for me to get back into the hobby with. I don't really much care if it is the most competitive on the planet (I'm sure it isn't), but I would like a heads up if it looks like it will get dick-punched.

The list is in PDF form bellow. I hope the formatting isn't too wonky; I ordered it according to primary detachment compulsory requirements and then optional units and detachments according to the standard HQ -> heavy support progression. The general idea is to rain elites with melta on their heads until one of us dies.

View attachment Stormfarer Army List v1.1.pdf

If the PDF is too much hassle, I can always post a simplified list.

EDIT: Also, if I have massively fudged up something to do with rules, please point it out. I'm not even remotely close to being 100% with 7th edition rules.

#3 · (Edited)
Nut monkey. Alright, here is a cut and paste version of the PDF list:

• Primary Detachment: Company of the Great Wolf
Aemon Raltheraeon, The White Dragon, Lord of the First Host – Wolf Lord
Runic Armor
Thunder Hammer
Plasma Pistol
Fellclaw’s Teeth
Point Total: 185

Magi Balaemarr Nohiar – Rune Priest (Goes with Aemon)
Mastery Level Two
Runic Stave
Runic Armor
Point Total: 110

The Dragon’s Fist (White Helms) – Wolf Guard Terminators
Mamond Malthaeol, First Sword (Leader)
TH/SS
Vadar Celiar
TH/SS
Rhaemond Gonennis
TH/SS
Aerylor Beralar
TH/SS
Drop Pod
Point Total: 227

Elder Taecevar Argaris – Venerable Dreadnaught
Great Axe/Blizzard Shield
Extra Armor
Drop Pod
Point Total: 190

Red Hunter Matadar Barraenos – Long Wolf
Terminator Armor
Storm Shield
Frost Axe
Melta Bombs
Point Total: 70

The Dragon’s Claw - Void Claw Detachment
Raegon Mahgaris, The Thunder Smith – Arjac Rockfist
5 x Void Claws
Point Total: 355

Wolf Guard Thunder Strike Formation:
White Helms – Wolf Guard Terminators
First Sword – Pack Leader
TH/SS
4x White Helms
TH/SS
3x Combi-Melta
Point Total: 225

White Helms – Wolf Guard
First Sword – Pack Leader
Frost Axe/combi-melta
9x White Helms
4x Combi-meltas (replaces bolt pistols)
Power Sword
Drop Pod
Point Total: 300

3x Rapier Quad Mortar Support Battery
1 Platform
Total Points: 180 (for all three)

In total, that's 2 HQs, 6 elites and 3 heavy supports. I'm not entirely sure yet how detachments work or if you can have multiple detachments inside of a primary formation. If I've fudged something up please point it out.

#5 · (Edited)
True; I suppose he couldn't be a part of the formation, since that only includes Void Claws and Arjac couldn't join them before the game - I think. BUT, as an IC, he joins prior to deployment, right? If that's the case, and since the units in the formation must start in reserve AND must arrive during turn one, and since he has DS and must arrive with the unit he joined (as an IC), he would be dragged in with them, right? Doesn't get the fun rules the detachment might get, but still gets to throw a giant hammer up a tanks bum on turn one and give me a nice buffer for my claws to hopefully get them into mulching distances.

EDIT: In retrospect, this isn't a question that should be answered here, or asked here. I'll cross that particular bridge when I come to it, I suppose. :laugh: Thank you for the input.

#7 · (Edited)
I would say he can't because he isn't part of the formation but this is one of those retarded situations GW is too last to clarify.
Agreed wholeheartedly on both points; he can't benefit from their Reserve manipulation and GW sucks at clarifying things. Imagine dropping a ton of Unique Characters into a Skyhammer Formation and getting a T1 charge with Dante out of Reserves. It's not often I call anything 'broken'...but.... /shudder

Detachments, pg. 118 (keeping in mind Formations are a type of Detachment):

All the units in your army must belong to a Detachment no unit can belong to more than one Detachment.
Independent Characters under Special Rules, pg. 166

Unless specified by the rule itself, the unit's special rules are not conferred upon the Independent Character, and the Independent Character's special rules are not conferred upon the unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.