1500 of Shooty Orks - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-09, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Default 1500 of Shooty Orks

Not exactly playing to the Orks' strength here, but...

HQ (Total Pts: 180)
Big Mek + SAG = 95
Warphead = 85

Elites (Total Pts: 450)
Lootas x 15 = 225
Lootas x 15 = 225

Troops (Total Pts: 537)
Shoota Boys x 29 (Nob + PK + BP) (3 BS) = 235
Shoota Boys x 29 (Nob + PK + BP) (3 BS) = 235
Gretchin x 19 (Runtherd) = 67

Heavy Support (Total Pts: 330)
Killa Kans x 3 (3 Grotzookas) = 135
Killa Kans x3 (3 Grotzookas) = 135
Big Gunz (3 Kannons) = 60

I'm relatively new to Orks myself, but after looking around through some posts (including the great post by Culler) I've come up with this.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-09, 07:21 AM
Sebi's Flag is: Germany

not bad imho
I would cut down the Gretchin ( I guess their job is to protect the SAG as cheap wounds) down to 10 and invest the points into crews for the Kannons as they need to be deployed "openly" (best would be to set em up 2" behind the terrain/cover frontier (see BBB for further explaination) and will get be shot at soon as they are very fragile. A Runtherd is also a good idea for some Ld-boost (that squig will allow to reroll faild Ld-tests)

Kanz are good... but I suggest instead of the Warphead another Mek with a KFF(same costs if you take just the field) for protection (that 4+ Coversave for vehicles is just priceless) or ar the kanz going to stand around waiting for the enemy to approach?

the 30 Lootaz are an evil bunch of guyz nothing to complain about

you only haf 450 points of troops ... I would in general suggest to tak ~50% of the points out of the troops' choices as ork (a third Mob of Shootaz maybe?`) as I found if you cannot crush the enemy you will not be able to hold all objectives... but that is just my oppinion
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-09, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

I was trying to think of a way to get more Shoota boys, but the only ways I can fit em in is by dropping the Kans, or one unit of Kans and the Warphead, or one unit of Lootas.

I wasn't sure about getting a Runtherd for the Kannons, but I did want to add some extra crew to them. What I was thinking of doing is dropping the Grotzookas and replacing them with Big Shootas (thus letting the Kans to march on with the boys) and spending those 30 points on extra crew, and now, the Runtherd as well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode