Imperial guard + inquisitor? 1500 points list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-10, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Imperial guard + inquisitor? 1500 points list

HQ choices
Company Command Squad
Power weapon
Medi-pac
Reg Standard
Vox
Heavy Flamer
Carapace Armour

Chimera dedicated transport
Heavy flamer(turret + front)
Hunter killer
Dozer blade
Extra armour

Ordo Hereticus Lord and retinue (would like to know points cost. If up to 190 it's fine)

Chimera dedicated transport
Heavy flamer(turret + front)
Hunter killer
Dozer blade
Extra armour

Elites Choices
Ratlingsx5

Guardsman Marbo

Troops choices
Veteran Squad
Power fist
Vox
Flamerx2
Grenade launcher
Grenadiers doctrine

Veteran Squad
Vox
Sniperx2
Flamer
Grenadiers Doctrine

Veteran Squad
Vox
Grenade launcherx2
Flamer
Grenadiers doctrine

Heavy Support Choices
Leman Russ Battle Tank
Lascannon
Heavy bolter sponsons
Hunterkiller

Manticore Rocket Launcher
Extra Armour

Total Manticore.....175

Total Army list points.....1500

This is mostly the army list I have been using up until now and the only change i am putting in is the Ordo Hereticus Lord Inquisitor and retinue. This is because I got them as a present and I am dying to use them the link is here http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod1110092 So if you could give me an idea of points cost for these if it can go up to 185 (replace my commissar yarrick) that'd be brilliant.

This is a really fun army list, probably not as effective as it could be but I'm into this for the painting and the stories that happen throughout the battle. If you could Gimme the info on the Inquisitor that'd be great. Thanks guys

Last edited by CommissarJim; 11-15-10 at 04:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-10, 04:47 PM

Death Korps Grenadier's Flag is: England

*cringe* no itemised point cost mate change it b4 gw sees you
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-10, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Korps Grenadier View Post
*cringe* no itemised point cost mate change it b4 gw sees you
Oops. Thanks for that. Just copied it almost straight from my normal list so still had points costs
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-10, 12:01 AM

HOBO's Flag is: Australia

Welcome to the Boards..always nice to see a new General.

Ok the list is for fun which is fine, and it could be left at that because any choice you made is with that in mind, but you still shouldn't waste points because those points can be spent on more fun stuff that will have a knock-on effect of making the list more effective.

I see 255 pts that are spent on things that really aren't required -

- all that extra gear on the Chimeras..98% of IG'ers just don't take it. EA is far too expensive, HKM's are 1-shot only and on a BS3. I would take a DB on maybe 2 out of 10 vehicles tops, even on terrain saturated CoD boards. The major point about Chimeras is to keep them cheap so you can field lots of them..helps give target priority headaches to the enemy, plus they are great weapons platforms already just as standard build.

You've spent 50 pts to keep the CCS alive PLUS given them a Chimera with EA...overkill to the max. I only ever give Carapace to my CCS when they have Plasma Guns. The Medic simply isn't worth his points.

Why pay 4x's the points for a single HF when you can take a standard Flamer that isn't that much weaker.

On the double HF Chimeras...they need to get close to fire them but when you move you can only fire 1 of them. Surely no-one you play is going to deliberately walk anywhere near a static Chimera with 2 Templates waiting to bbq them.
The best all-round Chimera build is a ML/HF for a mobile unit and the ML/HB for a static firebase-type unit.

Ratlings are the best source for Sniper Rifles but they need to be either 10 strong to be effective and actually have a decent kill count, or take 2+ small units so it's a waste of the enemy's firepower to even bother shooting at them, meaning they can hang around for longer and hopefully kill something..Ld 6 also means they will run away easily once targetted.

Doctrines aren't worth the points in most cases...I used them a lot when the Codex first came out, and soon learnt the points were better spent on stuff that actually killed other stuff.

Giving Template weapons to BS4 models is not taking advantage of that BS at all, and GL's hardly scratch MEQ-type...but I didn't include them in my 255 points.

Overall, someone with the same Units that you have and even the same weapons on the Vets, but who has spent those 255 pts on Units that actually kill...they will slaughter your list, just by weight of numbers alone.

Still, I hope I don't come off as harsh..that wasn't my intention.

On your Inq/Retinue...standard they are 118 pts with no upgrades etc., which should mainly go on the 2 Inquisitors anyway. I suggest looking at the Witch Hunters army list Forum for the most effective builds.

Last edited by HOBO; 11-16-10 at 12:08 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-10, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Hey thanks for taking the time to help me out. I'm relatively new an' all so this will definately come in handy. I will look into the things you have recommended and see how it goes. Thanks :D
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-10, 10:37 AM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

You can also download the DH/WH codex from GW, if i'm not mistaken?

yeah; http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...a&aId=9800044a
you have to sign in tho

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-10, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Hiya guys. Bumping thread here to save making new one (plus original is still relevant) I have decided I would like to include one unit of grey knights terminators in my list, rather than having a second hq. This would be 160 basic and I would add in 3 mortars (1 in each squad).
I was just wondering what restrictions I would have to abide by if I wanted to include them in my army.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-10, 07:44 PM

well on that note the WH codex is now downloadable so why not just check there?

Round up the usual suspects.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-10, 08:21 AM

grey knights are GH
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-10, 10:11 AM

HOBO's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpiler View Post
grey knights are GH
Ahhh DH actually.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode