+1 heavy bolter team

squad 2: (75pts)
same as squad one but with a rocket launcher instead of a heavy bolter

heavy support: (165)
Leman Russ Battle Tank
+las cannon
+heavy bolter side sponsons

total points so far 552pts

if i'm shooting for about 750pts what could i add, (i have no more models, stick to upgrading them please)

Thanks a lot in advance for anyone who could give me tips.

correction, i'll have a few extra models, not built yet

Last edited by bigboss88401; 06-03-08 at 01:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-08, 09:25 AM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

hi mate,

firstly, can you edit your list to remove all the invidual points costs, and just have a total per squad/model?

gw tend to frown upon this kind of thing, and we dont want you, or us getting in any trouble for it. it also makes your post easier to read, so you get more help.

right, onto the list.

id swap out the senior officer for a junior officer with a honourifica imperialis. its only 10 points more, and it's definately worth it. it gives him higher leadership, which is especially important. id also swap out his plasma pistol for a storm bolter, or even just a bolt pistol. you don't want him being killed by his own weapon, and in a small points game you want to save wherever you can.

can't complain against the stormies, but if you can, definately try to add two special wepaons in there. it makes them a much more effective unit. although, if youre going to be playing nids a lot you might want to think about getting another platoon.

with your platoon, id swap the officers powerfist for a power sword. the fist is very expensive, and the officer is very squishy.

also, think about putting a special weapon with your squads, as well as a heavy one.

with the extra points, maybe you could thnk about getting some more heavy weapons teams to deal with anti tank/carnifexes etc or infantry. they are very useful.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-08, 01:12 PM

Morgal's Flag is: Canada

Regimental Doctrines:
1)restricted troops (storm troopers)
2)grenadiers
3)drop troopers
4)xeno-fighters (Nids) - because my friends play nids

HQ:
Command Platoon (80pts)
Senior Officer 55pts
+power weapon 5pts
+plasma pistol 10pts
4 Guardsman, lasguns
+ 1 mortor team 10pts
Well i would go for a jumior officer with an honorific, this makes your officer a heroic senior that is far better for not a large point increase. I would also drop the plasma pistol for a bolt pistol or las pistol. Mainly because plasma can explode in his face and i would rather it take the face off a guardsman than my officer. For 10 points any guards man there gets a plasma gun, i think the plasma gun is also better due to range. Not sure if i would in this case though as with the mortar and officer this squad will probably stay near the back in cover and not get a chance to use the plasma gun as that is not there inteded role.

Troops:
(1) Storm Troopers squad (90pts)
1 sergent 9 guardsman
You need some special weapons, I may take 2 plasma guns in this case.
(2) Infantry Platoon
comman squad: (72pts)
junior officer 40pts
+power fist 20pts
+las gun
2 veteran guardsman 12pts
+close combat weapons and las pistols
2 guardsman with lasguns
I would drop the powerfist, very few guard units are worth taking a powerfist on(comisar) so i may take the PW instead. I would also drop the vetran guard and take special weapons instead. Since your tolling this squad for CC i may take a flamer or 2 here. Be carefull with flamers though as they can be hard to use vs nids since nids can often charge from out side the flamers range so you need to ensure you get within 12" on your movement turn and not at the end of his. not to hard once you learn it since he is always moving as far forward as he can and is fairly predictable that way.

squad 1: (70pts)
1 sergent
+close combat and las pistol
9 guardsman
+lasguns
+1 heavy bolter team 10pts

squad 2: (75pts) 60pts 15pts (missile launcher)
same as squad one but with a rocket launcher instead of a heavy bolter

heavy support: (165)
Leman Russ Battle Tank 140pts
+las cannon 15pts
+heavy bolter side sponsons 10pts
I would drop the las cannon and add the bolter because you can only fire one weapon a turn. the ordinance-the bolters or the las cannon. so if you take the las cannon that only 6 HB shots if you do shoot the HB, where as with the hull bolter+sponsoons you get 9 shots, and it is cheaper. You could also just take the las cannon but i don't see the merit in compared to 3 bolters.(3 bolters>one las cannon)

total points so far 552pts

if i'm shooting for about 750pts what could i add,
I think you would need more troops, this would also let you drop grenaders and take another doctren. I would also take close order drill as a doctren, and maybe close order drill.(since your storm troopers are now an elite choice.)
People tend to like the armoured fist as it gives them a mini tank in the chimmera that is very good plus an extra squad. Personally i like shooting and would go for another troop choice. another flamers HQ, another HB, and maybe an auto cannon. this will run about points bringing you fairly close to 750. From there you may have about 70 points to spare. this is another squad, 2 sentinels, or if you cut a lot of points a hell hound.
it's all up to you.

As for advice vs nids....stay back wilth your shooting and don't be afriad to lose a squad. the nids will enter CC eventually, when they do move your closest squad towards them(if there already going to die next turn) so they can not use there assault move to get closer and ensure all your other troops are 6" away from them, once they finish that squad fire into them. That squad just saved your army because the nids could not roll through you.

Yeah, well the Space Marines never dropped forty thousand feet in a drop pod WITHOUT power armor.
-Lt.Hperon of the Olympian 125th "Hell Troopers"[KIA]

Last edited by Morgal; 06-03-08 at 01:17 PM.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

bigboss88401's Flag is: USA

Thanks for the advice, it really helps a lot considering this is my first army list ever, i want to make sure that i don't model anything i wont want because i can't afford to get too many models at this point, soon though.

thanks again!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-08, 12:44 PM

Danger1887's Flag is: United Kingdom

4)xeno-fighters (Nids) - because my friends play nids

You should make this a more universal armylist. It does say in the doctrine section that it is unacceptable to just change your xeno-hunter doctrine to suit your opponent. So i think it would have to be fair and show it on the models, like trophies etc.

I played tyranids last night and heavy weapons such as autocannons and heavy bolters work wonders against them. Also in each normal guard squad I take a missile launcher for multi-purpose vehicle and troop killing, and a plasma gun to take some wounds off harder targets. Also if your friend takes a carnefix, then I would recommend taking 3 lascannons to deal with it. Hope this helped.

"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, and yet you still dare to oppose our will"

Farseer Mirehn Biellann

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode