1850 Lash variant - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-10, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Mundungu's Flag is: USA

Default 1850 Lash variant

I'll open by saying I was trying to make a good army without Lash, but am having a hard time. I know a MoN/warptime/Wings DP is also good, but it just hasn't done well for me, so I'm taking the leap into Lash. This is what I've got so far.

HQ:
Daemon Prince - 155
- MoS, Lash, Wings
Daemon Prince - 155
- MoS, Lash, Wings

TROOP:
7 Plague Marines - 241
- 2 Plasmaguns, Rhino w/EA
7 Plague Marines - 241
6 Noise Marines - 160
- 1 Blastmaster
6 Noise Marines - 160
- 1 Blastmaster

FAST:
5 Raptors - 120
- 2 Melta
5 Raptors - 120
- 2 Melta

HEAVY:
1 Defiler - 150
- +2 DCCW
1 Vindicator - 145
- DP
1 Vindicator - 145
- DP

TOTAL = 1792
POINTS LEFT = 58

First, I don't know 100% what to do with the 58 remaining points. I'm leaning toward sonic blasters for the rest of my noise marines.

As usual, lash into open, heavy templates to death. Noise marines hold home objectives and drop an extra template. PM are for away objectives, plus MC hurt with the plasma. I have the defiler for longer range fire plus counter-charge for the vindicators. Raptors are vehicle hunters.

As I said, I'm open to a lot of variation (except Obliterators, at over $20 a model, I don't want to spend $180 for heavy support)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-10, 03:34 PM

Inquisitor Malaclypse's Flag is: Honduras

decent list, though i wouldn't take the small Raptor squads: seems like you're using them for a suicide melta unit. if you're going to to do that, you're better off taking termicide.

also i would take two Oblits over the the Defiler, but leave the Vindies.

lastly, give the NM a transport and try to increase their numbers.

good hunting.

Amid the Weeping and the Woe, Accursed Daemon Thou Remain And Rot; I Know Thee Filthy as Thou Art I Know...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-10, 03:42 PM

I'm no expert, but I think I can tell you what most people are going to say.

Give each PM squad a champion and a power first so that they can deal with walkers, etc. You can save points by cutting EA from their rhinos. I would also look into switching at least one squad's plasma guns with two meltaguns.

Get at least one (preferably both) NM squad a rhino. I am not experienced with NM but, from what i have read, I'd give the PM squad in the rhino a doom siren and sonic blasters, while leaving the NM squad you intend to leave sitting at home with just a blast master. Also, I would give the PM squad in the rhino a champion and fist, for the same reason as PM's.

From my experience, i prefer chosen over raptors, if I have to use either. Put 5 chosen with 5 meltaguns in a rhino and the job gets done (thanks to outflanking).

Lastly, for target saturation, I would get a third vindicator. With only a 30 or so inch effective range, vindicators will be close enough to your front lines where the DP's can fill the roll of counter charge.

I hope some of this helped,

Dave
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-10, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundungu View Post

HQ:
Daemon Prince - 155
- MoS, Lash, Wings
Daemon Prince - 155
- MoS, Lash, Wings
Straight forward lash princes, they are what they are.

Quote:
TROOP:
7 Plague Marines - 241
Drop EA and add a havoc. With plasma and no champ, it is clear that you do not intend to rush this squad, so you can shoot the 2 plasma guns and a havoc.
Quote:
7 Plague Marines - 241
As above

Quote:
6 Noise Marines - 160
- 1 Blastmaster
6 Noise Marines - 160
- 1 Blastmaster
These guys really need a rhino. Take your extra points and the difference from a termicide/raptoir swap and buy these guys a coffin. If you have enough points, put havocs on them as well. They work better in lash lists than most people would think.

Quote:
FAST:
5 Raptors - 120
- 2 Melta
5 Raptors - 120
- 2 Melta
Swap for 2 x 3 terminators with combi meltas

Quote:
HEAVY:
1 Defiler - 150
- +2 DCCW
1 Vindicator - 145
- DP
1 Vindicator - 145
- DP
If you dont want any obliterators (far better choice, but I digress) then you are fine with your heavy support.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-10, 04:30 PM
Craw-Daddy

Do you have a bitz box? If you do, you could probably get some green stuff and use your bitz box to make your own obliterators. Seriously, maybe 1/3 people I know actually still purchase the obliterator model. I don't like it anyways. It looks like an oversized terminator putting his fists in the air like superman. If you could do this, this would save you a lot of money plus help out your gaming strategdy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode