Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Death Guard Competitive 1850 need advice to complete it!

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Kreuger 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

This time I am messing around with my Nurgle model collection to see what I can do. So far I have come up with the following:

EDIT: After comments, this is how the list looks like now:

DEATH GUARD VECTORIUM

WARBAND (MoN & VotLW on everything)

Chaos Lord, Bike, Fist/Claw, Sigil 165

5x CSM, Meltagun, Meltabombs, Rhino 140

3x Terminators, 3x Combi-Melta, 1x Chainfist 142

5x Bikers, 2x Meltagun, Meltabombs 165
3x Bikers, 2x Meltagun, Meltabombs 113

5x Havocs, 4x Autocannon 130

HELDRAKE TERROR PACK
Baleflamer Heldrake 170
Baleflamer Heldrake 170

TOTAL: 1848pts

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd keep it simple, adding 2 more units of bikers to add antitank.
you should still have space for an heldrake terror squad with 2 flamer-drakes. that would be pretty nasty to hordes and other flyiers.
otherwise you could go for total MSU spam and kick in 4 marines squads with meltagun and meltabombs in rhinos... i'd personally go for that since it would exploit the DG bonuses and make you extremely hard to counter on objective based games (6 units of T5, Fnp rerolling 1, fearless marines are not a joke)

#3 ·
I tried to go for "the middle ground" of your comments and removed the spawn to make room for 1 more CSM squad, 2 heldrakes and 2 more biker units (1 of them with 5 bodies for the lord to stick with). Looks pretty solid to me, what do you think?

Here is how the list looks like now:

DEATH GUARD VECTORIUM

WARBAND (MoN & VotLW on everything)

Chaos Lord, Bike, Fist/Claw, Sigil 165

3x Terminators, 3x Combi-Melta, 1x Chainfist 142

5x Bikers, 2x Meltagun, Meltabombs 165

HELDRAKE TERROR PACK
Baleflamer Heldrake 170
Baleflamer Heldrake 170

TOTAL: 1848pts

What do you think now?

#5 · (Edited)
i honestly never found heavy bolters of any use...1 extra shot but 12" less range and 2 less str, means it will shoot 1 round less and be less effective when it its. havocs shold have heavy bolters as stock, but to pay for it is madness, imo.
also, what if enemy is inside vehicles...wasted points!

#7 ·
But against such enemies the auto cannons aren't limited to killing just the chaff, they will wound monstrous creatures, wreck vehicles and even down flyers. The problem with chaos h bolters is no re rolls and are limited to being ineffective against even weak troops.

#8 ·
The problem with heavy bolters is that they haven't been worth the points since 2nd edition. In 2nd ed they were awesome, especially with how twin linking worked for heavy bolters on dreadnoughts. Since 3rd ed they have never been worth the points, maybe if they were free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.