Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

CSM Kill Team

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jolnir 
#1 ·
Good day gents,

Been a while since I've been on this forum, and longer since I've even owned a GW mini.

With the new Traitor Legions book, I was very keen to get into CSM. I have decided on starting out small to learn the game and work upwards. I love the aesthetic and the mystery fluff of the Alpha Legion.

I found a good deal on a converted set of 11 Forgeworld AL Marines. How would you build a Kill Team? Would you go with 2 Marine squads? Or 1 with 2 Cultist squads. Or another direction?

#2 ·
When it comes to kill team, you wanna spam bodies so try to get as many cultists as possible. One of the most competetive builds for CSM kill teams I have seen is 3 bikers, with mark of nurgle, one with a melta and a champion with a power weapon to kill other leaders in challenges, 20 cultists bog standard.
If I were you I would use 5 single marines with a melta in a rhino and fill the rest of your points with vanilla cultists.

#5 ·
Yeah. I used to collect some Tau, but never fully got into 40k game play. I've always loved the books and fluff, though. I saw the new Traitor Legions supplement as the perfect opportunity to get into the game. Alpha Legion aren't represented locally, and I love their fluff and total shrouded nature. Plus their Heresy era armour is the best of the Legions IMO.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.