Conscripts: The Final Word - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Tactica Articles This is the place to post if you have an in-depth tactics article or guide on how to use a unit or army. Codex specific guides go in their respective subforum. General topics belong in the main forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 04:00 PM

Antonius's Flag is: United Kingdom

Where is everyone quoting the fearless rule from?? Conscripts don't have the rule, and neither do LCs. The only units in the dex with it are FTHC ordered units and marbo (its Ld10 Stubborn, with 1 model dying at most to Summary Execution, with a sphere of effectiveness). Yes i think they are a quick-to -die unit, but they are no weaker than regular guardsmen (if accompanied by an LC), and are not really much worse than their fully fledged counterparts (WS2 is not much different to WS3 against avg WS4). I would like to see that if you decide to spread them out (severly reducing wound count at range). Walker tarpits will kill them badly, but i can't see them as much worse in CC than regular guardsmen in that role (but only when babysitted, otherwise they run away at the merest boo). I do second the point that point for point, IG combined blobs are more effective, but i was trying to consider how to use them in a foot list (or even a hybrid list)

Antonius

General Antonius, Task force Iron Storm cmdr, Cadian 9th Mechanised Infantry Rgt.

WHAT, I CAN'T HAVE MORE THAN SIX MANTICORES!

I'm facing NECRONS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 05:34 PM
Rattlehead

Priests don't make you Fearless anymore?

Well, in that case you have to deal with the lack of Stubborn making you Ld 2-4 and dying all at once. Alternatively , you buy a Lord Commissar to attach to the squad, but then you're making them cost more than the Guardsmen/Commissar equivalent.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #93 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 05:50 PM
Banned
VanquisherMBT's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Priests don't make you Fearless anymore?
I actually did say that quite a while back
post #94 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 06:10 PM
Rattlehead

My apologies, it's so rare I see a Priest that I haven't bothered remembering the rules for them.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode