Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

The Beast Arises schedule blog

41K views 237 replies 37 participants last post by  Paceyjg 
#1 ·
http://www.blacklibrary.com/the-beast-arises.html

Surely the first Black Crusade already have happened?
And the 5th book looks exciting, the eldar is definitely up to no good with the shattered imperial webway. Should be a blast to read as Guy Haley did such a superb work on the pointyears with Valedor and the Last Days of Ector

#8 ·
Hey, this looks alright! I love the Ork v Guard fluff, and most of the books that concern those two factions are great. Hopefully this will give us a bit more to go with as well!

#10 ·
Sorry to be THAT GUY but...

781.M31 = Abaddon's 1st Black Crusade. On Uralan, the Despoiler secures the daemon weapon Drach'nyen. The First Battle of Cadia.

544.M32 = An Ork Warboss known only as the Beast forms an enormous army of Orks that rampages across the Imperium. He is eventually stopped at great cost to the Adeptus Astartes.

546.M32 = The Beheading: Grand Master of the Officio Assassinorum Drakan Vangorich has the High Lords of Terra murdered. The rogue Master of Assassins is tracked down and slain by a Space Marine strikeforce drawn from the Imperial Fists, Halo Brethren and Sable Swords. Only a single Space Marine survives the campaign.

552.M32 = The space hulk Da Iron Worm carries marauding orks across the Uhulis Sector. They destroy Battlegroup Azezel, the Fortress Worlds Armstrong and Velgagrad, and the Forge World Temaxia, leaving the Ul-Seraph Cluster defenceless. A warp storm blasts Da Iron Worm off course and into the Empyrean. Scout vessels determine that its course took it into the Dark Marches and is never heard from again.

597.M32 = 2nd Black Crusade, a failed attack on the defences of Cadia.

So there is 763 years between the 1st Black Crusade and The Beast. But lots of interesting stuff going on around the same time as The Beast!

#13 ·
Hmmm well if you take 763 years away from 2015 you get to 1252AD. I would say the modern world is pretty complacent about what happened during the medieval era? That was roughly around the time Europe was under the threat from Genghis Khan and the Mongols who were considered to be sent from hell. Not sure modern Europe is that worried about Mongolia these days!!!

#12 ·
It might actually be enough. Recall in The Talon of Horus when Khayon notes that it did not take very long for the IoM to declare that the Traitor Legions were dead and enter into a "Golden Age". He noted that they became complacent and arrogant in that time, and it was less than 763 years if I recall correctly.

LotN

#17 ·
I've pre-ordered the first 5 eBooks for this.

The thing I like the most is that there's a definite release date and its planned over a year.

If they had done that with the HH even if it was over 3-5 years I feel everyone would have been much more enthusiastic about it.

#33 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.