Bushido - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Other Systems For the discussion of non GW games such as Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Flames of War, AT43 and Secrets of the Third Reich.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-12, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Default Bushido

Anyone seen this game. It's a relatively newly released game. It plays similar to Malifaux but uses dice instead of the cards. Character cards and some quick-start rules are available to download online too.

http://www.bushido-thegame.com/

Anybody playing this? It's been popping up quite a lot recently during my browsing of TGN and it seems to be quite a cheap game to pick up, in which case I may well think about getting into it.

Regards,
Jake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 06:41 PM

Ultra1's Flag is: USA

it's pretty fun. a guy from my FLGS has been coversing with the designer and helping do play testing and things like that. he's had the minis for a while and will be demoing the game in pheonix USA this weekend. The starter box is fairly cheap for a faction ~50 USD if i remember right, but i believe they've already released 3 rounds of suplemental figures. while not nearly as much as GW it starts to get upwards of ~100 USD to get the starter and new figs. but it is a very fun game. i love the samurai and the monks. they have some pretty kick ass models.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

It's the models that always draw my attention to a new game and I have to say the Bushido ones look good, very unique.

Regards,
Jake.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 07:58 PM

most definitely. i'm not sure how well painted the ones you saw were, but the guy i know has been painting all of them and he's crazy good. The undead geisha has a flower pattern on her dress and a vine pattern on the umbrella. it's rediculous. we all just look at his paint jobs and say DAMN. it is a fun game though. i believe it's supposed to be more objective based versus i try to kill all your guys. From conversations with my friend the scenarios still need a little work, but they're coming along nicely. are you interested in a specific faction? i could tell you what i know about each one.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

My favourite faction just from looking at the miniatures available is The Cult of Yurei.

Regards,
Jake.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 09:39 PM

crap, one of the 2 i'm less familiar with. is that the undead one, or the one with the little gremlin looking guys?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

This one - http://bushido-thegame.com/pages/cult-yurei.

Regards,
Jake.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 09:48 PM

well it seems as if the cult are the ones i know the least about playstyle wise. not too many of the people in my store play them. so since i can't be any help i'll tell you what i know (which may not be much)

Monks: VERY synergistic, lots of buffs and chi manipulations

Samurai: Very combat oriented, armor on most, leader can decapitate pretty much anyone

Savage wave: usually a single almost impossible to kill beatstick, but a lot of little crappy gremlins. however, the gremlins can activate simultaneously which makes them much better than they would be individually. not to mention the gremlins can teleport around the board.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

The Savage Wave are probably my second favourites model wise and their rules sound good. I think I'll download the rules at some point so I can get to know the different mechanics in the game before looking at the different factions' profile cards.

Still, I don't like playing any game with models I don't like the look of. So even if they have really crap rules, I'll probably still go for the Cult of Yurei

Regards,
Jake.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-12, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

I've bitten the bullet and ordered the Cult of Yurei starter set along with the Gengo mini (because it's my favourite from the whole range). I doubt I'll get a chance to paint them for a while, but it'll be nice to actually have them and add them to the massive backlog

Regards,
Jake.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode